This tool provides patients with general information about prostate cancer screening.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is screening?
- General information about prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer screening
- Risks of prostate cancer screening
This 36-page guidebook, part of the You Can! Steps to Healthier Aging Campaign, will help community organizations increase the number of older people who stay active and healthy by implementing a simple 12-week nutrition and walking program.
The guidebook addresses the following topics:
- Setting up your program
- Week 1:
- Eat better for health
- Orientation and enrollment
- Week 2:
- Move more for health
- Orientation to step...
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Library is a virtual guide to MCH information. It offers a combination of MCH information compiled by library staff and pathways to the best MCH information available on other Web sites, from organizations and libraries.
The MCH Library publishes the MCH Alert; produces databases; develops knowledge paths, bibliographies, and other information resources; maintains this Web site to provide access to key MCH-related data and information; and promotes...
The MyPyramid Education Framework explains the key concepts of the MyPyramid food guidance system, an interactive tool that assists Americans in making healthy food and activity choices. These key concepts provide a framework of ideas from which professionals can develop consumer messages and materials.
This 19-page framework includes the following information:
- Background on MyPyramid
- Overview of the MyPyramid food guidance system education framework
This fact sheet summarizes current recommendations on the use of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine.
It is divided into the following sections:
- Provisional recommendations
- Duration of protection
- Delivery (provisional recommendations)
- Vaccination policies
- Other vaccines in development
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is PCP?
- How do I know if I have PCP?
- How do you catch PCP?
- How can I protect myself from PCP?
- I was vaccinated for pneumonia. Won't that protect me against PCP?
- When should I start...
This patient education guide provides information for people recently diagnosed with lung cancer to help them understand their condition.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- A team approach
- Making the diagnosis
- Staging of cancer
- Clinical studies
- Living with lung cancer
This brochure offers information to help patients recovering from a suicide attempt move ahead after their treatment in the emergency department and provides resources for more information about suicide and mental illness.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- After the emergency department
- Next steps: moving ahead and coping with future thoughts of suicide
- Create a safety plan
- Build a support system
- Learn to live again
This brochure provides information about when and if antibiotics are effective against illnesses and when they are not. It is organized into the following sections:
- The risk: Bacteria becomes resistant
- Antibiotics aren’t always the answer
- Protect yourself with the best care
- Commonly asked questions
This three-page patient guide is based on the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations about fertility preservation in people treated for cancer.
This patient guide addresses the following topics:
- Cancer treatment and fertility
- Options for preserving fertility before cancer treatment
- For women
- For men
- What this means for patients
- Questions to ask the doctor