This tool provides patients with general information about prostate cancer screening.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is screening?
- General information about prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer screening
- Risks of prostate cancer screening
This brochure provides information about when and if antibiotics are effective against illnesses and when they are not. It is organized into the following sections:
- The risk: Bacteria becomes resistant
- Antibiotics aren’t always the answer
- Protect yourself with the best care
- Commonly asked questions
This 36-page guidebook, part of the You Can! Steps to Healthier Aging Campaign, will help community organizations increase the number of older people who stay active and healthy by implementing a simple 12-week nutrition and walking program.
The guidebook addresses the following topics:
- Setting up your program
- Week 1:
- Eat better for health
- Orientation and enrollment
- Week 2:
- Move more for health
- Orientation to step...
This guide provides patients with information about the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s 2006 Update of Recommendations for the Use of Tumor Markers in Gastrointestinal Cancer. This guide is organized into the following sections:
- What This Means for Patients
- Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Helpful Links and Resources
The MyPyramid Education Framework explains the key concepts of the MyPyramid food guidance system, an interactive tool that assists Americans in making healthy food and activity choices. These key concepts provide a framework of ideas from which professionals can develop consumer messages and materials.
This 19-page framework includes the following information:
- Background on MyPyramid
- Overview of the MyPyramid food guidance system education framework
Moving into Action is a series of policy action items designed to help governors, State legislators, local officials, employers, and health care leaders promote heart-healthy and stroke-free communities. Each action suggests ways to encourage general interest and awareness of these health issues and specific policies that promote healthy behaviors and reduce risks associated with heart disease and stroke.
The policy actions revolve around five central themes:
The Cool Spot is a Web site aimed at teenagers. It provides them with facts about underage drinking. The Web site provides the following features:
- Reality check: How much drinking is going on?
- Facts about alcohol
- Too much, too soon, too risky
- Meet your expectations
- Peer pressure
- The right to resist
- Real life
- Teach and volunteer corner
This consumer fact sheet presents information on stroke prevention, including warning signs and risk factors.
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is PCP?
- How do I know if I have PCP?
- How do you catch PCP?
- How can I protect myself from PCP?
- I was vaccinated for pneumonia. Won't that protect me against PCP?
- When should I start...
This brochure offers information to help patients recovering from a suicide attempt move ahead after their treatment in the emergency department and provides resources for more information about suicide and mental illness.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- After the emergency department
- Next steps: moving ahead and coping with future thoughts of suicide
- Create a safety plan
- Build a support system
- Learn to live again