This 68-page booklet covers post-cancer treatment issues such as followup medical care, physical and emotional changes, changes in social relationships, and workplace issues.
This booklet covers the following topics:
- Congratulations on finishing your cancer treatment
- Getting followup medical care
- Ways to manage physical changes
- Body changes and intimacy
- Your feelings
- Social and work relationships
This tool provides recommendations to ensure that children, adolescents, and adults displaced by a disaster are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases in accordance with current recommendations and to reduce the likelihood of outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases when living in large crowded group settings.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Recommended immunizations (if immunization records are and are not available)
- Children aged 10 years and...
This education program is designed for use by medical students and faculty as either a resource on epilepsy or a stand-alone learning tool. Each of the four sections has accompanying PowerPoint slides.
This tool contains the following sections:
- Basic science of epilepsy
- Neurophysiology of the cerebral cortex
- Physiological basis of the electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Pathophysiology of seizures
- Clinical epilepsy section
This fact sheet, part of The Heart Truth campaign, will help women determine their personal risk of heart disease and learn which steps to take to reduce the chance of developing heart disease.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is heart disease?
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Risk factors for heart disease
This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about screening and diagnosing children with autism.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- What regular screening tests should your child’s doctor do?
- If the doctor suspects autism, what other medical tests should be done?
- If autism is suspected or diagnosed, what can be done to help your child?
- What does autism mean for your child’s future?
This 39-page workbook will help State leaders develop the information needed to support quality improvement efforts for asthma-related health care. The written exercises help users begin to think about effective partnerships, assembly of State data, questions to raise about interpretation of the data, and quality improvement techniques.
The following modules are presented in this workbook:
- Module 1: Making the case for asthma care quality improvement
- Assess the...
Choosing Pain Medicine For Osteoarthritis is a guide to help consumers work with their doctors or nurses to choose pain-relief medicine for osteoarthritis. It provides information on the risks and benefits of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and prescription (Rx) drugs used for treatment. It also includes charts to compare the prices of different prescription and over-the-counter medications.
The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NDDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about digestive diseases among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NDDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of representatives from Federal agencies,...
This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
This guide was developed to be an evaluation tool for purchasers, particularly employers, in assessing their value-based health care purchasing (VBP) activities. This guide has two primary objectives:
- To encourage purchasers, and especially employers, to conduct formal evaluations of their VBP activities.
- To facilitate that effort by presenting an evaluation process that purchasers can adopt and adapt to their projects.
This guide is organized into two parts....