This Web page identifies drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia.
This Web page provides links to view drug lists in the following categories:
- Drugs with risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs with possible risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs to be avoided by congenital long-QT patients
- Drugs unlikely to cause torsades de pointes
Each list can be sorted by brand or generic name. Drugs are listed...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years.
Topic addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the benefits of early detection of visual impairment?
- Which screening tests should clinicians use?
- What are the potential harms of screening?
- What treatments can improve visual acuity?
- What are...
This tool will help men learn about early-stage prostate cancer, current treatments, and the pros and cons of each treatment.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Things to remember
- Three men…three different treatment choices
- Facts about prostate cancer
- What is the prostate?
- Thinking about treatment choices
- Medical tests and terms
- Types of treatment...
This fact sheet for high school athletes is part of the toolkit for coaches, Heads Up: Concussion in High School Sports. It addresses the following topics:
- What is a concussion?
- What are the symptoms of a concussion?
- What should I do if I think I have a concussion?
- How can I prevent a concussion?
This pocket guide on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...
The AIDS info Drug Database provides HIV/AIDS drug fact sheets for the drugs most commonly used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS. The database includes fact sheets for both Food and Drug Administration-approved and investigational drugs. For each drug, patient, health professional, and Spanish versions are available. All three include links to an audio file of the correct pronunciation, as well as a link to additional sources of information about the drug.
Patient versions of...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on routine vitamin supplementation to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What does the evidence indicate?
- Should people take vitamin supplements?
- What are the potential harms of vitamin supplements?
- More information
Providers can use this calculator to estimate kidney function in adults by measuring the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). This calculator is based on the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study equation.
The following information is entered into this tool to calculate GFR:
- Plasma creatinine
- Whether patient is African American
This algorithm for the initial screening for psychoses is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Psychoses, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to provide a systematic approach to the evaluation and management of patients with psychoses/schizophrenia.
The tool addresses the following:
- Brief intervention
- Referral considerations
This pocket guide is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on the evaluation and triage of post-traumatic acute stress reaction (ASR).
This pocket guide addresses the following topics:
- Initial evaluation and triage (algorithm)
- ASR assessment
- ASR immediate needs
- ASR acute interventions...