This guide presents a brief summary of the research on violence prevention and intervention and crisis response in schools. It tells members of school communities–especially administrators, teachers, staff, families, students, and community-based professionals:
- What to look for–the early warning signs relative to violence and other troubling behaviors
- What to do–the action steps that school communities can take to prevent violence and other troubling behaviors, to...
The Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) is a family of health care databases and related software tools and products developed through a Federal-State-industry partnership. The HCUP databases, which are available for purchase, bring together the data collection efforts of State data organizations, hospital associations, private data organizations, and the Federal government to create a national information resource of patient-level health care data. HCUP databases contain a core...
This 454-page pocket guide is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. It presents key information and data in abbreviated tabular form for 677 chemicals or substance groupings found in the work environment.
The pocket guide includes the following:
- Chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, Chemical Abstracts Service, Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances, and...
This self assessment is a comprehensive tool designed to help health care providers and their staff assess the safety of medication practices in their pharmacy, identify opportunities for improvement, and compare their experience with the aggregate experiences of demographically similar community pharmacies around the Nation.
It is divided into the following 10 elements:
- Patient information
- Drug information
- Communication of drug orders...
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This interactive tool informs consumers about how some over-the-counter medicines may interact with prescription medicines.
The over-the-counter medications included are:
- Acid reducers
- Cough medicines
- Diet aids
- Nasal sprays
- Pain relievers
- Upset stomach/heartburn medicines
A legend is provided listing whether the selected medication has:
This Web page identifies drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia.
This Web page provides links to view drug lists in the following categories:
- Drugs with risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs with possible risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs to be avoided by congenital long-QT patients
- Drugs unlikely to cause torsades de pointes
Each list can be sorted by brand or generic name. Drugs are listed...
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database
This educational kit is intended for nurses, midwives, and other educators who make presentations on food safety for pregnant women. The materials are available in English and Spanish.
The tool kit contains the following materials:
- Educator’s resource guide
- Pregnancy and foodborne illness: Frequently asked questions
- Four simple steps to food safety
- Foodborne risks for moms-to-be
- Special precautions for moms-to-be