This tool provides tips to help parents and caregivers choose safe toys for their children.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- The creation of safe toy standards
- How toys are tested for safety
- Choosing toys for your child’s age group
- For infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- For grade-schoolers
- Toys in your home
- Dangerous toys
- Loud toys
- Other things to consider
- Reporting unsafe toys ...
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
This resource guide provides tools to assist health care facilities in implementing a patient safety program.
This toolkit includes the following program tools, all of which may be customized as needed:
- Generic safety plan: template
- Comprehensive medical safety program
- Quality and safety officer job description: template
- Organized assignments for accompanying patient safety plan or program
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management:...
FluAid 2.0 is a test version of software designed to assist State and local planners in preparing for the next influenza pandemic by providing estimates of potential impact specific to their locality. FluAid provides a range of estimates of impact in terms of deaths, hospitalizations, and outpatient visits due to pandemic influenza.
Users can download the software from this Web page and view the following information:
- National estimates of economic impact
This one-page tip sheet provides five simple tips for safe medication use.
This tool provides the following tips:
- Bring a list or a bag with ALL your medicines when you go to your doctor’s office, the pharmacy, or the hospital
- Ask questions about your medicines
- Make sure your medicine is what the doctor ordered
- Ask how to use the medicine correctly
- Ask about possible side effects
This tool offers suggestions to help consumers stay safe during the holiday season.
It addresses the following topics:
- Toys and gifts
- Older adults
- Food and cooking
- Alcohol, parties, and driving
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked
This issue brief examines resources that can assist hospitals and other health systems in preparing for bioterrorism disasters, and in conducting disaster drills in particular. It presents steps in the continuous cycle of disaster preparedness.
Topics addressed include:
- Conventional disasters versus bioterrorism
- Disaster planning: An ongoing community effort
- Continuous effort
- Key components
- Community-wide plan
- Hospital emergency...
This 145-page manual examines the roles and responsibilities of child protective services (CPS) workers. It describes the purposes, key decisions, and issues of each stage of the CPS process and covers strategies for casework supervision, training, and support. Best practices and critical issues in casework practice are underscored throughout.
This manual addresses the following topics:
- CPS theory and practice
- The helping relationship
- Responsibilities of CPS...
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database