This tool provides links for downloading 60 campaign posters on hand hygiene as a means to reduce the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote hand hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings. Three of the posters are also available in Spanish.
This tool provides tips to help parents and caregivers choose safe toys for their children.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- The creation of safe toy standards
- How toys are tested for safety
- Choosing toys for your child’s age group
- For infants, toddlers, and preschoolers
- For grade-schoolers
- Toys in your home
- Dangerous toys
- Loud toys
- Other things to consider
- Reporting unsafe toys ...
This 53-page resource packet, available in English and Spanish, provides resources to support individuals, organizations, and communities in their efforts to promote safe children and healthy families.
This resource packet presents the following information:
- Supporting families: Preventing child abuse
- Promoting safe children and healthy families: What organizations can do
- Building on strengths: Enhancing protective factors for children and families
This Web page contains children’s environmental health tips for every day in October, in observance of Children’s Health Month. These tips and related resources introduce prevention activities to keep children safe at home and at school.
This Web site, hosted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), provides information to consumers about health-related issues of current interest to the general public.
The Web site is categorized as follows:
- Medical devices
- Biologics, blood, and vaccines
- Animal and veterinary
- Radiation-emitting products
- Dietary supplements
- Seasonal topics
- Cross-cutting topics
- News from FDA
This 19-page guide presents information to help older adults avoid problems with medication use.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Aging and health: You and your medicines
- Talk to your health care professionals
- What you need to know about your prescription medicines
- Taking prescription medicines
- Taking over-the-counter medicines
- Cutting medicine costs
- Tips for seniors on safe medicine use
- My medicine record...
This issue brief examines resources that can assist hospitals and other health systems in preparing for bioterrorism disasters, and in conducting disaster drills in particular. It presents steps in the continuous cycle of disaster preparedness.
Topics addressed include:
- Conventional disasters versus bioterrorism
- Disaster planning: An ongoing community effort
- Continuous effort
- Key components
- Community-wide plan
- Hospital emergency...
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
This resource guide provides tools to assist health care facilities in implementing a patient safety program.
This toolkit includes the following program tools, all of which may be customized as needed:
- Generic safety plan: template
- Comprehensive medical safety program
- Quality and safety officer job description: template
- Organized assignments for accompanying patient safety plan or program
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management:...
The FindYouthInfo Program Directory features evidence-based programs whose purpose is to prevent and/or reduce delinquency or other problem behaviors in young people . This searchable database provides information about program designs that successfully deal with risky behaviors in youth so they can be replicated to meet local needs.
Program tools can be viewed as follows:
- By risk factor
- By protective factor
- By keyword
- All programs