This tool provides information about how to keep food and water safe after a natural disaster or power outage. It is organized into the following sections:
- Identify and throw away food that may not be safe to eat
- Storing food safely
- Feeding infants and young children
- Clean and sanitize food-contact surfaces
- Related resources
This database contains literature articles about the costs and/or benefits of health information technology (HIT) and is searchable in a variety of ways. The Web site also contains information about how the database was developed and about barriers to the implementation of HIT.
This Web page includes the following sections:
- Search database according to the following criteria:
- HIT elements
- Institute of Medicine categories
- Types of health...
This guide provides information about Web sites that sell medications, offers tips when purchasing medications online, and offers suggestions for consumers looking for a safe Web site. The guide is available as both a Web page and a brochure, in both English and Spanish.
The Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community provides an interdisciplinary vehicle and forum by which scholars, practitioners, and observers of family violence in the African American community have the continual opportunity to articulate their perspectives on family violence through research findings, the examination of service delivery and intervention mechanisms, and the identification of appropriate and effective responses to prevent/reduce family violence in the...
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
This database provides State- and county-level health data for all 50 States, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories and possessions. Data are available by gender and race/ethnicity and come from a variety of National and State sources. Users can generate custom tables, graphs, and maps.
Database users follow a three-step process:
- Select variables, from among 11 categories:
- Health care access
- Codes and status for geographic area
This Web site makes aging-related health information easily accessible for adults 60 and older, as well as their family members and friends.
This Web site addresses the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Breast cancer
- Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetic retinopathy...
Medicines In My Home is an interactive educational program about the safe and effective use of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. It includes materials geared to both students and adults.
This Web site is divided into four sections:
- Teachers’ room
- Course description and objectives
- Teachers’ kit
- Classroom lesson materials
- Medicines in my home: Information for students on using OTC medicines safely
- Classroom lesson on safe OTC...
- Classroom lesson materials
Patients can use this form to keep track of all their medicines and supplements. Patients are encouraged to show it to their doctors and pharmacist at each visit and ask them to check for unnecessary duplications or medicines that could interact to cause harm.
This form includes the following fields to be completed by the patient:
- Name of medicine or product
- How much do I take?
- When and how do I take it?
- Why do I take it?
This brochure offers suggestions to help patients improve the quality of their dental care.
This brochure presents the following five steps:
- Be an active member of your dental care team
- Tell your dentist about medical problems, medications, allergies, or bad reactions you have had in the past
- Talk openly with your dentist and the dental team about your care and treatment choices
- Make sure that when you need dental care, you and the dentist agree on...