This resource guide is for service providers who work with parents and children. It describes strategies and activities that reduce risk and promote protective factors associated with the prevention of child abuse.
This guide includes the following material:
- The five protective factors
- Promoting the five protective factors
- Nurturing and attachment
- Knowledge of parenting and of child and youth development ...
This tool provides links for downloading 14 campaign posters on respiratory hygiene tips for reducing the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote respiratory hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings.
This Web-accessible database provides access to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. The National Guideline Clearinghouse’s (NGC’s) mission is to provide physicians, nurses, health care providers and professionals, health plans, integrated delivery systems, purchasers, and others an accessible mechanism for obtaining objective, detailed information on clinical practice guidelines and to further their dissemination, implementation, and use.
Key components of NGC include:...
The AIDS info Drug Database provides HIV/AIDS drug fact sheets for the drugs most commonly used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS. The database includes fact sheets for both Food and Drug Administration-approved and investigational drugs. For each drug, patient, health professional, and Spanish versions are available. All three include links to an audio file of the correct pronunciation, as well as a link to additional sources of information about the drug.
Patient versions of...
Health professionals can use the Total Parenteral Nutrition Calculator to compute proper feeding amounts for children in the hospital.
The Total Parenteral Nutrition Calculator uses set rules and algorithms to produce a feeding plan and order sheets for newborns, and issues warnings if something is incorrect about the inputs or assumptions.
This information system for nutrition ordering:
- Checks dose ranges
- Ensures legible orders
- Ensures compliance with...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This brochure offers suggestions for preventing falls at home.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- Hallways and stairs
This guide presents ways patients can ensure safe medication use for themselves and their family.
Topics addressed in this guide include:
- Receiving instructions for taking medications at the clinic, doctor’s office, and pharmacy
- Taking medications at home
- Taking medication in the hospital
- Handling a hospital or retail pharmacy medication error
- Teamwork pays off
Medical errors can occur at many points in the health care system, particularly in hospitals. This 2-page fact sheet provides the following 10 tips that hospitals can implement to improve patient safety:
- Assess and improve patient safety culture (by surveying unit staff)
- Build teamwork (by improving staff communication)
- Limit shifts for hospital staff, if possible
- Insert chest tubes safely
- Prevent central line-related bloodstream infections...
This tool provides links for downloading five campaign posters that emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment and handwashing as a means to reduce the risk of infection in health care settings. These posters are intended for both clinical and general audiences. Two of the posters are also available in Spanish.