This Microsoft ® Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the use of hand-sterilizing alcohol per 100 patient days as a means to evaluate and improve hand hygiene practices. The spreadsheet collects data on the use of wall-mounted and pocket-sized, alcohol-based hand rubs.
This spreadsheet allows users to collect the following information:
- Number of large cans or bottles used throughout unit
- Grams per large can or bottle used throughout unit...
This resource guide is for service providers who work with parents and children. It describes strategies and activities that reduce risk and promote protective factors associated with the prevention of child abuse.
This guide includes the following material:
- The five protective factors
- Promoting the five protective factors
- Nurturing and attachment
- Knowledge of parenting and of child and youth development ...
This tool provides links for downloading 14 campaign posters on respiratory hygiene tips for reducing the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote respiratory hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings.
This Web-accessible database provides access to evidence-based quality measures and measure sets. The National Quality Measures Clearinghouse (NQMC) mission is to provide practitioners, health care providers, health plans, integrated delivery systems, purchasers, and others with an accessible mechanism for obtaining detailed information on quality measures, and to further their dissemination, implementation, and use in order to inform health care decisions.
Key components of NQMC...
The AIDS info Drug Database provides HIV/AIDS drug fact sheets for the drugs most commonly used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS. The database includes fact sheets for both Food and Drug Administration-approved and investigational drugs. For each drug, patient, health professional, and Spanish versions are available. All three include links to an audio file of the correct pronunciation, as well as a link to additional sources of information about the drug.
Patient versions of...
This toolkit provides general guidelines for correct vaccine storage and handling. Specific recommendations for vaccine storage and handling procedures may vary among different State health department immunization programs. This toolkit does not replace these State health department policies but rather is meant to supplement them.
This toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- Cold chain
- Storage and handling plans
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This brochure offers suggestions for preventing falls at home.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- Hallways and stairs
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and accompanying speaker notes provide an overview of the Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings published in 2002.
This slide presentation addresses the following hand hygiene topics:
- So why all the fuss about hand hygiene?
- Evidence of relationship between hand hygiene and health care-associated infections
- Hand hygiene adherence in hospitals
Medical errors can occur at many points in the health care system, particularly in hospitals. This 2-page fact sheet provides the following 10 tips that hospitals can implement to improve patient safety:
- Assess and improve patient safety culture (by surveying unit staff)
- Build teamwork (by improving staff communication)
- Limit shifts for hospital staff, if possible
- Insert chest tubes safely
- Prevent central line-related bloodstream infections...