This resource guide provides tools to assist health care facilities in implementing a patient safety program.
This toolkit includes the following program tools, all of which may be customized as needed:
- Generic safety plan: template
- Comprehensive medical safety program
- Quality and safety officer job description: template
- Organized assignments for accompanying patient safety plan or program
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management:...
The FindYouthInfo Program Directory features evidence-based programs whose purpose is to prevent and/or reduce delinquency or other problem behaviors in young people . This searchable database provides information about program designs that successfully deal with risky behaviors in youth so they can be replicated to meet local needs.
Program tools can be viewed as follows:
- By risk factor
- By protective factor
- By keyword
- All programs
This tool offers suggestions to help consumers stay safe during the holiday season.
It addresses the following topics:
- Toys and gifts
- Older adults
- Food and cooking
- Alcohol, parties, and driving
This guide provides tips to help older people prevent falls.
This guide discusses the following four tips:
- Begin a regular exercise program
- Make your home safer
- Have your health care provider review your medicines
- Have your vision checked
This Web site contains concepts, tips, and tools for evaluating the quality of health care for children. This online resource can help to answer the following (and related) questions about measuring health care quality in child health programs:
- How can you tell whether children are receiving quality health care?
- How do you know when a health program is functioning effectively?
- Where can you find tools to help answer these questions?
- If the right tool is not...
This 145-page manual examines the roles and responsibilities of child protective services (CPS) workers. It describes the purposes, key decisions, and issues of each stage of the CPS process and covers strategies for casework supervision, training, and support. Best practices and critical issues in casework practice are underscored throughout.
This manual addresses the following topics:
- CPS theory and practice
- The helping relationship
- Responsibilities of CPS...
FluAid 2.0 is a test version of software designed to assist State and local planners in preparing for the next influenza pandemic by providing estimates of potential impact specific to their locality. FluAid provides a range of estimates of impact in terms of deaths, hospitalizations, and outpatient visits due to pandemic influenza.
Users can download the software from this Web page and view the following information:
- National estimates of economic impact
This one-page tip sheet provides five simple tips for safe medication use.
This tool provides the following tips:
- Bring a list or a bag with ALL your medicines when you go to your doctor’s office, the pharmacy, or the hospital
- Ask questions about your medicines
- Make sure your medicine is what the doctor ordered
- Ask how to use the medicine correctly
- Ask about possible side effects
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) provides leadership in aging research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs relevant to aging and older people.This Web site includes the following:
- Publications: Information and tips on healthy aging, care giving, medications, dietary supplements, and diseases
- Clinical trials: Federally and privately supported clinical research with human volunteers
- Related sites: A list of National Institutes of...
Each year, Leapfrog gathers and reports information on hospital quality and patient safety efforts to help patients make informed decisions about where to receive hospital care. This tool provides a search function that patients can use to obtain information about hospitals in their area and to compare hospitals. Hospitals voluntarily submit the information shown on this site.
This tool provides the following information about hospitals:
- Computerized physician order...