IOM Domains of Quality
The VERB Web site offers many interactive features that will help “tweens” get active. It offers fun games, interesting facts, photo journals, and blogs.
This Web site provides access to public service announcements (PSAs) and podcasts on topics related to hurricane safety. Users can download PSAs and podcasts directly from the site or subscribe to receive a different hurricane podcast each week during hurricane season. The site includes scripts for all messages, as well as audio files for most. Some messages are also available in video and/or American Sign Language format. All messages are also available in Spanish.
Registry Plus is a suite of publicly available, free software programs for collecting and processing cancer registry data. The Registry Plus suite can be used separately or together for routine or special data collection.
The following components make up Registry Plus:
- Abstract Plus: An abstracting tool used to summarize the medical record into an electronic report of cancer diagnosis and treatment
- CRS Plus: The main central registry database program
This guide is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism, to reduce initial distress and to foster short- and long-term adaptive functioning. It is for use by mental health specialists, including first responders, incident command systems, primary and emergency health care providers, school crisis response teams, faith-based organizations, disaster relief organizations, Community Emergency Response Teams, Medical Reserve...
This pocket guide is condensed from Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much: A Clinician’s Guide, a 30-page guide prepared by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) . It is organized into the following sections, using flowchart or tabular format:
- How to screen for heavy drinking
- How to assess for alcohol use disorders
- How to conduct a brief intervention (for at-risk drinking and for alcohol use disorders)
- What’s a...
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...
This tool kit provides information for clinicians on preventing fetal alcohol syndrome. It contains information on how to screen and advise patients about the risks of drinking while pregnant and encourages the use of effective contraception among patients who continue to engage in risky drinking behaviors.
The tool kit includes screening and brief intervention tools for the clinican and one-page patient education handouts for download.
Tool kit components include:...
This tool is a collection of fact sheets on drug abuse and addiction.
These fact sheets are organized in the following categories:
- Effects of drug abuse
- Health effects of specific drugs
- Prevention and treatment
- Survey data
This form is used to standardize information transferred between acute care hospitals and skilled nursing facilities throughout the four-county northeastern Ohio region. It may be adapted for use in other areas. It includes information on medications, activities of daily living, orders, and special care needs.
This fact sheet provides information about multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB). It is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Who is at risk for getting MDR TB?
- How can MDR TB be prevented?