IOM Domains of Quality
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
This pocket guide is condensed from Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much: A Clinician’s Guide, a 30-page guide prepared by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) . It is organized into the following sections, using flowchart or tabular format:
- How to screen for heavy drinking
- How to assess for alcohol use disorders
- How to conduct a brief intervention (for at-risk drinking and for alcohol use disorders)
- What’s a...
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...
This guide is an evidence-informed modular approach for assisting people in the immediate aftermath of disaster and terrorism, to reduce initial distress and to foster short- and long-term adaptive functioning. It is for use by mental health specialists, including first responders, incident command systems, primary and emergency health care providers, school crisis response teams, faith-based organizations, disaster relief organizations, Community Emergency Response Teams, Medical Reserve...
This tool is a collection of fact sheets on drug abuse and addiction.
These fact sheets are organized in the following categories:
- Effects of drug abuse
- Health effects of specific drugs
- Prevention and treatment
- Survey data
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database
This consumer-oriented Web site provides information about low vision.
The site includes the following sections:
- Do you have low vision? (self-assessment quiz)
- What you should know
- Living with low vision
- Low vision FAQs
- Low vision glossary
- Helping a loved one
This information is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet provides information about multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB). It is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Who is at risk for getting MDR TB?
- How can MDR TB be prevented?
This toolkit can help hospitals implement a standardized color-coded wristband system, using Arizona's model. In 2006, Arizona hospitals began a Statewide initiative to use color-coded wristbands to help hospital workers identify at-risk patients, including those who have do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders, allergies, or who are at risk for falls. Since many health care workers practice at more than one hospital, standardized wristband colors help them avoid confusion and possible medical error...
The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable database of interventions for the prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Using NREPP
- History of NREPP and recent changes
- Types of interventions included in NREPP
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse prevention
- Substance abuse treatment
- Co-occurring disorders
- What is...