IOM Domains of Quality
This tool produces customized Medicaid fact sheets by comparing each State to the United States or to any other
State in terms of demographics, health resources, and Medicaid enrollment. Other options include:
- Download, e-mail, or print a PDF of the Medicaid fact sheet
- Create Medicaid fact sheets for all 50 States and D.C.
- Create a Medicaid fact sheet with State lows and highs
The topics displayed on the fact sheet are automatically updated when...
This educational kit is intended for nurses, midwives, and other educators who make presentations on food safety for pregnant women. The materials are available in English and Spanish.
The tool kit contains the following materials:
- Educator’s resource guide
- Pregnancy and foodborne illness: Frequently asked questions
- Four simple steps to food safety
- Foodborne risks for moms-to-be
- Special precautions for moms-to-be
This toolkit can help hospitals implement a standardized color-coded wristband system, using Arizona's model. In 2006, Arizona hospitals began a Statewide initiative to use color-coded wristbands to help hospital workers identify at-risk patients, including those who have do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders, allergies, or who are at risk for falls. Since many health care workers practice at more than one hospital, standardized wristband colors help them avoid confusion and possible medical error...
The Toxic Substances Portal gives access to the best science, the latest research, and the most important information about toxic substances and how they affect health including:
- Exposure risks
- Associated health effects
- Related Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry health studies and assessments
The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable database of interventions for the prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Using NREPP
- History of NREPP and recent changes
- Types of interventions included in NREPP
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse prevention
- Substance abuse treatment
- Co-occurring disorders
- What is...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
The summary includes the following information:
- Incidence and risk factors
- Cellular classification
- Prognostic variables
- Treatment options
- Treatment considerations for certain ALL childhood subgroups
The Recovery Month Toolkit guides users, such as community leaders and health care providers, through the entire process of planning, launching, and publicizing National Alcohol and Drug Addiction Recovery Month activities and events.
The three sections of this planning toolkit–media outreach, targeted outreach, and resources–will help the user to:
- Target key groups to involve
- Plan events
- Publicize in the media
- Provide information
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about ALL
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Standard treatment options for remission induction therapy ...
This tool for patients provides information about the psychological and social aspects of a cancer diagnosis.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Cancer will change your life
- Your feelings: Learning you have cancer
- Family matters
- Sharing your feelings about cancer
- Learning about your cancer and feeling more in control
- People helping people
- Dealing with a new self-image
- Living each day
Registry Plus is a suite of publicly available, free software programs for collecting and processing cancer registry data. The Registry Plus suite can be used separately or together for routine or special data collection.
The following components make up Registry Plus:
- Abstract Plus: An abstracting tool used to summarize the medical record into an electronic report of cancer diagnosis and treatment
- CRS Plus: The main central registry database program