IOM Domains of Quality
FluWorkLoss 1.0 is a spreadsheet software tool that estimates the potential number of days lost from work due to an influenza pandemic. Users can change almost any input value, such as the number of workdays assumed lost when a worker becomes ill or the number of workdays lost due to a worker staying home to care for a family member. Users can also change the length and virulence of the pandemic so that a range of possible impacts can be estimated. FluWorkLoss provides a range of estimates...
Healthy People 2010 is a set of health objectives for the Nation to achieve over the first decade of the new century. It challenges individuals, communities, and professionals to take specific steps to ensure that good health, as well as long life, are enjoyed by all. The framework can be used by States, communities, professional organizations, and many others to help them develop programs to improve health.
The Web site includes the following information and resources:
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
These tools provide information about science-based interventions that use motivational incentives (low- or no-cost reinforcements such as vouchers, prizes, and privileges) to help reduce drug use and enhance client retention in treatment programs.
The tool kit includes the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Support materials
- For program administrators
- Sample policy and...
- For program administrators
The SBAR (Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation) technique and tools provide a framework for communication between members of the health care team about a patient’s condition. SBAR is an easy-to-remember, concrete mechanism for framing any conversation requiring a clinician’s immediate attention and action. Free registration and login are required to download the tool.
This tool includes two components:
- SBAR report to physician about a critical situation:...
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and Child Neurology Society’s (CNS) evidence-based guideline reviewing all available evidence on the assessment of the child with status epilepticus.
The guideline summary includes recommendations for determining the cause of status epilepticus in children including:
- Assessment of laboratory studies
- Assessment of metabolic and genetic testing
- Assessment of electroencephalography
This checklist helps hospitals assess and improve their preparedness for responding to pandemic influenza.
The checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Structure for planning and decisionmaking
- Development of a written pandemic influenza plan
- Elements of an influenza pandemic plan