IOM Domains of Quality
The Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT) is a screening instrument that identifies children who are at risk for social-communication disorders. This tool is a short questionnaire that is completed by the parents and a primary health care worker at the child’s 18-month developmental checkup.
The Bright Futures for Women’s Health and Wellness (BFWHW) initiative is a project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Office of Women’s Health. The mission of BFWHW is to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of culturally competent consumer, provider, and community-based products for all women across their lifespan—including underserved and minority women. The Bright Futures materials help to promote women’s...
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
The purpose of the National Maternal and Child Oral Health Resource Center (OHRC) is to respond to the needs of States and communities in addressing current and emerging public oral health issues. OHRC supports health professionals, program administrators, educators, policymakers, and others with the goal of improving oral health services for infants, children, adolescents, and their families. The resource center collaborates with Federal, State, and local agencies; national and State...
This tool will help men learn about early-stage prostate cancer, current treatments, and the pros and cons of each treatment.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Things to remember
- Three men…three different treatment choices
- Facts about prostate cancer
- What is the prostate?
- Thinking about treatment choices
- Medical tests and terms
- Types of treatment...
This tool addresses disparities in children’s health care in an attempt to advance the ability of organizations to provide culturally competent care.
The Cultural Competency Change Package presented in this report proposes strategies for change in each of the following six components in order to achieve culturally competent care:
- Community resources
- Health systems
- Family and self-management support
- Delivery system design
- Decision support ...
This tool by the American Cancer Society provides lists of questions to guide women with breast cancer in talking with their cancer care team.
The questions are organized into the following sections:
- When you’re told you have breast cancer
- When deciding on a treatment plan
- Before treatment
- During and after treatment
- Other questions I need answered (blank template for additional questions)
This Web site provides consumer-oriented brochures on hepatitis A, B, and C in a variety of languages.
This site includes the following brochures:
- Prevent hepatitis A
- Viral hepatitis integration for HIV prevention community planners brochure
- Protect your baby for life from hepatitis B
- Hepatitis B and you
- Living with chronic hepatitis B
- Prevent hepatitis B
- What every injection drug user should know
- Hepatitis C…...
This guide, part of The Heart Truth campaign, provides up-to-date information on women’s heart disease and practical suggestions for reducing the risk of heart-related problems.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- The heart truth
- Finding out your risk
- Major risk factors for heart disease
- Other factors that affect heart disease
- Taking control
- An action plan for heart health
- A family plan for heart...
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?