IOM Domains of Quality
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?
This patient guide is based on the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s recommendations for preventing nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy and radiation treatment for cancer.
The patient guide addresses the following topics:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Recommendations for preventing nausea and vomiting caused by chemotherapy
- Recommendations for preventing nausea and vomiting caused by radiation therapy
- What this means for patients
Each year, Leapfrog gathers and reports information on hospital quality and patient safety efforts to help patients make informed decisions about where to receive hospital care. This tool provides a search function that patients can use to obtain information about hospitals in their area and to compare hospitals. Hospitals voluntarily submit the information shown on this site.
This tool provides the following information about hospitals:
- Computerized physician order...
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This workbook provides information and guidance to women that can help them make a decision about whether hormone replacement therapy (HRT) would be a good choice for them.
The workbook should prepare patients to discuss HRT with their health care provider. Topics presented include:
- Personal health quizzes
- Coronary heart disease
- Breast cancer
- Putting it all together
- A guide to talking with...
This is a summary of the American Academy of Neurology and Child Neurology Society guideline on screening and diagnosis for autism. This practice parameter reviews the available empirical evidence and gives specific recommendations for the identification of children with autism.
This summary addresses the following:
- Routine developmental surveillance and screening specifically for autism
- Diagnosis and evaluation of autism
Communities are using the walk or bike to school as the first step to change community culture and create environments that are more inviting for everyone, young and old. This Web page provides information and materials to support local implementation of International Walk to School Month/Day in October of each year.
The campaign encourages walking or biking to school to:
- Enhance the health of kids
- Improve air quality and the environment
- Create safer routes...
The Hepatitis C Education Class toolkit is intended to provide clinicians with a how-to guide and various resources for conducting a patient education class on hepatitis C.
This toolkit contains a course guide, slide set and script, and slideshow with audio.
The slide set and script are designed for health providers to use with their patients who have hepatitis C infection or who tested positive for hepatitis C at some time in the past. The class runs about an hour and...
This tool answers common questions on how the environment affects women’s health including the following topics:
- The environment
- Outdoor air pollution
- Indoor air pollution
- Workplace environment
- UV radiation
- Water contamination
- Environmental hormones
This fact sheet provides information about reading food labels to find foods that are lower in sodium.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Information on the food label
- Amount per serving
- Number of servings
- Percent daily value