IOM Domains of Quality
This tool is a quick reference guide for health care professionals discussing fertility preservation with cancer patients. This tool includes:
- A table summary of the various fertility preservation options for males and females
- Patient-physician discussion points
This workbook provides information and guidance to women that can help them make a decision about whether hormone replacement therapy (HRT) would be a good choice for them.
The workbook should prepare patients to discuss HRT with their health care provider. Topics presented include:
- Personal health quizzes
- Coronary heart disease
- Breast cancer
- Putting it all together
- A guide to talking with...
This tool answers questions about avian influenza (bird flu) and avian influenza A (H5N1).
Questions and answers are grouped into the following categories:
- Avian influenza
- Avian influenza A (H5N1)
- Influenza pandemic preparedness
- Avian influenza infection in animals
The Hepatitis C Education Class toolkit is intended to provide clinicians with a how-to guide and various resources for conducting a patient education class on hepatitis C.
This toolkit contains a course guide, slide set and script, and slideshow with audio.
The slide set and script are designed for health providers to use with their patients who have hepatitis C infection or who tested positive for hepatitis C at some time in the past. The class runs about an hour and...
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
This 51-page action plan, developed in response to escalating concerns about falls and fall-related injuries among the aging population, highlights strategies and preliminary action steps developed by participants in the Falls Free Summit. Thirty-six strategies are proposed, based on input from Summit participants, and organized under five goal areas.
This action plan is organized as follows:
- Executive summary
- Overview of the Falls Free Summit...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Topics addressed include:
- Why is screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women important?
- Who is at risk for osteoporosis?
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What screening tests are available?
- What treatments are available?
- How do the current recommendations differ from those...
This cancer treatment information summary provides an overview of the diagnosis, classification, treatment, and prognosis of childhood brain tumors. It is available in both English and Spanish.
This guide is organized into the following sections:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Childhood medulloblastoma
- Childhood cerebellar astrocytoma
These algorithms are derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-major depressive disorder conditions deserving...
ClinicalTrials.gov provides patients, family members, health care professionals, and members of the public easy access to information on clinical trials for a wide range of diseases and conditions. A clinical trial (also clinical research) is a research study on human volunteers to answer specific health questions. Interventional trials determine whether experimental treatments or new ways of using known therapies are safe and effective under controlled environments. Observational trials...