IOM Domains of Quality
This guide is designed to help women understand changes that occur in their breasts.
This guide includes the following information:
- About your breasts
- Types of breast changes
- Finding breast changes
- Breast changes during your lifetime that are not cancer
- Getting a second opinion
- Followup tests to tell you more
- Finding the support you need
- For more information
- Chart 1: Possible mammogram results and followup care...
This pocket guide on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...
These algorithms are derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-major depressive disorder conditions deserving...
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about skin cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Skin cancer...
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of cervical cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Stage 0 cervical cancer
- Stage IA cervical cancer
- Stage IB cervical cancer
- Stage IIA cervical cancer
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy
This consumer guide outlines how to prevent cold-related health problems and what to do if a cold-weather health emergency arises.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- What is extreme cold?
- Plan ahead
- Indoor safety tips
- Outdoor safety tips
- Cold-weather health emergencies
This brochure for people with diabetes emphasizes the importance of vaccinations against influenza (flu) and pneumonia. It also describes flu-related complications.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Preserve your life
- Consider these odds
- Take control
- Do I need a flu shot every year?
- Can a flu shot give me the flu?
- Does my family need flu shots too?
- Pneumonia: Another killer
- Where do I get a flu shot? ...
This workbook provides information and guidance to women that can help them make a decision about whether hormone replacement therapy (HRT) would be a good choice for them.
The workbook should prepare patients to discuss HRT with their health care provider. Topics presented include:
- Personal health quizzes
- Coronary heart disease
- Breast cancer
- Putting it all together
- A guide to talking with...