IOM Domains of Quality
This toolkit provides general guidelines for correct vaccine storage and handling. Specific recommendations for vaccine storage and handling procedures may vary among different State health department immunization programs. This toolkit does not replace these State health department policies but rather is meant to supplement them.
This toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- Cold chain
- Storage and handling plans
This brochure emphasizes the importance of a balanced diet for people managing their diabetes. It describes food groups using examples and demonstrates how to balance a meal.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Easy eating for diabetes
- What to eat for lunch and dinner
- Meats, poultry, soy products, and fish
- Grains, breads, and starches
- One idea for a...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus (DM), such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and comorbid conditions (e.g....
This toolkit provides materials for implementing the Illness Management and Recovery Program, which consists of a series of weekly sessions in which mental health practitioners help people who have experienced psychiatric symptoms develop personal strategies for coping with mental illness and moving forward in their lives. The tool kit provides a variety of materials targeted to patients, families, health care practitioners, mental health program leaders, and public mental health authorities...
This consumer guide helps older Pennsylvanians choose Medicare Advantage Plans. Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Part C) are managed care plans offered by private insurance companies that manage the health care of their enrolled members.
- Lists managed care plans by county
- Provides comparisons on monthly premiums and co-payments
- Gives an overview of the benefits offered
- Presents information about several quality measurements, as...
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
The National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA’s) Report Card for Managed Behavioral Healthcare Organizations (MBHO) is an interactive tool that makes quality information about MBHOs more accessible to employers, health plans, and consumers. The MBHO Report Card informs consumers about the MBHOs that have undergone NCQA’s thorough, expert evaluation. Users can view the entire MBHO list or selected MBHOs.
The MBHO Report Card provides the following information:
This tool will help men learn about early-stage prostate cancer, current treatments, and the pros and cons of each treatment.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Things to remember
- Three men…three different treatment choices
- Facts about prostate cancer
- What is the prostate?
- Thinking about treatment choices
- Medical tests and terms
- Types of treatment...
This tool by the American Cancer Society provides lists of questions to guide women with breast cancer in talking with their cancer care team.
The questions are organized into the following sections:
- When you’re told you have breast cancer
- When deciding on a treatment plan
- Before treatment
- During and after treatment
- Other questions I need answered (blank template for additional questions)
This tool provides information about mammograms and other breast imaging procedures.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Screening mammograms
- American Cancer Society recommendations for early breast cancer detection
- Diagnostic mammograms
- Tips for having a mammogram
- What to expect when you get a mammogram
- Help with mammogram costs
- Regulation of mammography
- What does the doctor look for on your mammogram?