The purpose of this toolkit is to assist State units on aging in revising and updating their nutrition-related regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Among the objectives of the toolkit are to provide technical assistance and guidance to the Aging Network and to identify best practices and emerging areas for planning new approaches to implementing the Older Americans Act.
The tool kit includes the following information:
- Meal service...
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
This 15-page checklist will help consumers find and fix hazards in their homes that may result in falls. The checklist asks about hazards found in each room and tells how to fix the problem.
The checklist includes the following sections:
- Floors in each room
- Stairs and steps inside and outside of the home
- Kitchen and eating areas
- Other things you can do to prevent falls
- Other safety tips
This interactive decision-support tool assists consumers who are considering signing up for Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage.
After answering a short series of questions on this Web site, users will learn the following:
- How their current insurance or other prescription drug coverage affects their options and rights under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Whether they qualify for extra help with their costs under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage...
The Long-Term Care Planning Tool presents users with a series of questions and then calculates their long-term care costs, available services, and financing options. Other resources are also provided to assist users in understanding their long-term care options.
This Web page enables users to view the following long-term care services and options:
- Long-term care projected costs report
- Long-term care services report
- Family support and caregiving
This Web site makes aging-related health information easily accessible for adults 60 and older, as well as their family members and friends.
This Web site addresses the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Breast cancer
- Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetic retinopathy...
Nursing home staff can use this self-assessment checklists to use assess processes related to delirium in the facility, in order to identify areas that need improvement.
This tool includes checklists on the following delirium-related topics:
- Delirium assessment
- Delirium care plans
- Delirium screening
- Assessing staff education and training
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database