This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
The purpose of this toolkit is to assist State units on aging in revising and updating their nutrition-related regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines. Among the objectives of the toolkit are to provide technical assistance and guidance to the Aging Network and to identify best practices and emerging areas for planning new approaches to implementing the Older Americans Act.
The tool kit includes the following information:
- Meal service...
This consumer guide helps older Pennsylvanians choose Medicare Advantage Plans. Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Part C) are managed care plans offered by private insurance companies that manage the health care of their enrolled members.
- Lists managed care plans by county
- Provides comparisons on monthly premiums and co-payments
- Gives an overview of the benefits offered
- Presents information about several quality measurements, as...
This 15-page checklist will help consumers find and fix hazards in their homes that may result in falls. The checklist asks about hazards found in each room and tells how to fix the problem.
The checklist includes the following sections:
- Floors in each room
- Stairs and steps inside and outside of the home
- Kitchen and eating areas
- Other things you can do to prevent falls
- Other safety tips
This report describes the importance of physical activity in older adults and provides recommendations for physicians to help their older patients stay active.
Some topics addressed include:
- Prevalence of inactivity in older adults
- Costs of inactivity
- Health benefits of regular physical activity
- Recommended levels of physical activity in older adults
- Strategies to promote physical activity in older adults
- What can work to promote...
This interactive decision-support tool assists consumers who are considering signing up for Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage.
After answering a short series of questions on this Web site, users will learn the following:
- How their current insurance or other prescription drug coverage affects their options and rights under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- Whether they qualify for extra help with their costs under Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage...
The Long-Term Care Planning Tool presents users with a series of questions and then calculates their long-term care costs, available services, and financing options. Other resources are also provided to assist users in understanding their long-term care options.
This Web page enables users to view the following long-term care services and options:
- Long-term care projected costs report
- Long-term care services report
- Family support and caregiving
This Web site makes aging-related health information easily accessible for adults 60 and older, as well as their family members and friends.
This Web site addresses the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Breast cancer
- Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetic retinopathy...
Nursing home staff can use this self-assessment checklists to use assess processes related to delirium in the facility, in order to identify areas that need improvement.
This tool includes checklists on the following delirium-related topics:
- Delirium assessment
- Delirium care plans
- Delirium screening
- Assessing staff education and training
This 68-page guide is designed to help consumers find and compare nursing homes. It can help families make the best choice when planning ahead or when they need to make an unexpected decision.
This guide includes the following sections:
- Important information if you have Medicare
- For readers who are helping another person choose a nursing home
- How to use this booklet
- Who can help answer questions?
- Choosing the type of...