The American Dental Association launched the Give Kids a Smile (GKAS) program as a way for dentists across the country to join with others in their community to provide dental services to underserved children.
The GKAS Program Planning Toolbox is a resource for dentists and other team members interested in implementing the program in their community. The guide includes a step-by-step timetable on how to plan an educational, screening, or treatment event; how to promote the event...
Cavity Free at Three is a 3-year statewide initiative aimed at preventing oral disease in young children. Over the course of the project, communities will receive technical assistance, training, supplies, and materials to implement the Cavity Free at Three oral disease prevention program.
Included as free downloads on this Web site are training and program materials to help:
- Assess pregnant women’s and new mother’s oral health
- Educate mothers on promoting their...
This publication series can help health care providers and patients learn more about steps that can be taken before, during, and after cancer treatment to reduce the risk and impact of side effects on oral health. Some of the patient publications are also available in Spanish.
Information for health professionals includes:
- Dental provider’s oncology pocket guide
- Oncology pocket guide to oral health
- Oral complications of cancer treatment: What the...
The Healthy People 2010 Oral Health Toolkit provides guidance, technical tools, and resources to help States, territories, tribes, and communities develop and implement successful oral health components of Healthy People 2010 plans as well as other oral health plans. These plans are useful for:
- Promoting, implementing, and tracking oral health objectives
- Educating the public and policymakers about oral health needs and disparities
- Leveraging resources for...
This guide reinforces consistent diabetes messages across the four disciplines—pharmacy, podiatry, optometry, and dentistry (PPOD)—and promotes a team approach to comprehensive diabetes care that encourages collaboration among all care providers.
The guide includes the following sections:
- Diabetes: A major health problem
- Impact of controlling the ABCs of diabetes
- Diabetes management and team care
- What to discuss with patients with diabetes
This series of publications equips dental professionals in the community with the basic information they need to deliver quality oral health care to people with special needs. This tool includes a guide for caregivers, which provides steps to maintaining good oral health for family members or clients with special needs.
This tool includes the following publications for health professionals:
- An introduction to practical oral care for people with developmental disabilities...
This brochure offers suggestions to help patients improve the quality of their dental care.
This brochure presents the following five steps:
- Be an active member of your dental care team
- Tell your dentist about medical problems, medications, allergies, or bad reactions you have had in the past
- Talk openly with your dentist and the dental team about your care and treatment choices
- Make sure that when you need dental care, you and the dentist agree on...