Care management processes
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy
This manual outlines all of the key elements of a system of excellent care for people with depression.
This tool addresses the following depression care topics:
- The challenge
- The solution
- Care model checklist
- Decision support
- Clinical information system
- Delivery system design
- Organization of health care
- Care model: Changes for specific populations
This tool provides employers with simple steps to ensure access for applicants with disabilities.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Job analysis
- Medical information
- Worksite accessibility
- Resources to assist
This brochure provides tips to encourage patients to become more involved in their care. It also gives patients guidance on how to find out about their medical condition, new medicines, and followup care.
The brochure includes the following information:
- What should you do before leaving the hospital?
- What if you have trouble understanding the language used in the instructions?
- You feel overwhelmed by the followup care you need. What can you do?...
This study examines conformance of current patterns of usual care for persons with schizophrenia with the Schizophrenia Patient Outcomes Research Team (PORT) treatment recommendations. The PORT surveyed a stratified random sample of 719 persons diagnosed with schizophrenia. Findings indicate that current usual treatment practices likely fall substantially short of what would be recommended based on the best evidence on treatment efficacy.
Treatment recommendations discussed encompass...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What is alcohol misuse?
- How effective are screening and counseling for alcohol misuse in the primary care setting?
- What are effective screening and counseling interventions?
- How can...
This manual addresses the definition, scope, causes, and consequences of child abuse and neglect. It presents an overview of prevention efforts and the child protection process, from identification and reporting through investigation and assessment, to service provision and closure. It also describes the roles and responsibilities of various community members (including health care providers) in conducting these activities and working collaboratively.
This manual addresses the...
This chart assists providers in estimating target dates for the followup of patients with rectal cancer. It is derived from recommendations in the 2005 Update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology's Colorectal Cancer Surveillance Guidelines.
This tool enables health care providers to document target and completed dates for 3 months to 5 years post-diagnosis for the following activities:
- Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing (date/value)
- Counseling visit...
This key points card on outpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD...
This PowerPoint presentation was developed for health professionals to educate others in the nutrition field. It details the background and development of MyPyramid.
This presentation addresses the following topics:
- History of USDA’s food guidance
- Reasons for revising—Updating the science
- Reasons for revising—Improving implementation
- Dietary reference intakes
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2005
- Guiding principles—Unchanged...