Care management processes
This toolkit presents strategies for comprehensively redesigning and transforming hospital care processes. It includes a discussion of the forces that compel health care systems to embark on redesign or system transformation, a series of steps to be taken in planning for redesign or system transformation, and strategies for translating information gathered into proposed projects for implementation.
This toolkit presents the following major topics:
- Forces that compel system...
This checklist offers interventions to increase overall compliance with hand hygiene guidelines in a health care setting.
The interventions on this checklist address the following areas:
- Making changes on the walls and countertops and in the supply closet
- Actions for infection control professionals, patient safety managers, quality managers, nurses, and supply personnel
- Required policies/rules/training/awareness
- Promoting culture change
This slideshow summarizes the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO’s) guidelines for the surveillance of patients following treatment for stage II or III colorectal cancer.
This slideshow presents information in the following categories:
- Benefits from the resection of metastatic colorectal cancer
- Guideline methodology
- 2005 categories of recommendations for colorectal cancer surveillance
- History and physical and risk...
Derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Dyslipidemia, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, these algorithms will assist clinicians in screening, treating, and providing followup care for patients with dyslipidemia.
These algorithms include the following steps:
- Module A: Screening
- Module B: Initiation of therapy
- Module C: Followup treatment
This toolkit contains information that examines different ways States can address health literacy–through their Medicaid programs, by improving health communication, in State-mandated K-12 curriculum, and by working with adult learners.
The toolkit includes the following:
- Executive summary: Excerpts from the Council of State Governments (CSG’s) State Official’s Guide to Health Literacy
- Issue briefs
This toolkit was designed to assist health care settings in maximizing the potential of clinical practice guidelines (CPGs), through systematic and well-planned implementation. It was also designed to accompany the nursing best practice guidelines (NBPGs) developed by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) in order to facilitate their implementation.
This toolkit presents the following information:
- Setting the stage
- Criteria for identifying a well-...
This Web site provides patients and health care professionals with information about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including materials for public and professional outreach.
This Web site provides the following information for patients:
- What is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
- How does COPD affect breathing?
- Getting tested
- Taking action
- Am I at risk?
This brochure provides health care professionals with tips to enhance care in the emergency department (ED) for people who have attempted suicide. It also provides information on the Health Insurance Portable and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), patient discharge, and resources about suicide for medical professionals, patients, and their families.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Patient care in the ED: Helpful...
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening and behavioral counseling interventions in primary care to reduce alcohol misuse.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What is alcohol misuse?
- How effective are screening and counseling for alcohol misuse in the primary care setting?
- What are effective screening and counseling interventions?
- How can...