Care management processes
This checklist is intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the importance of cultural diversity and cultural competence when working with individuals and families affected by sudden infant death syndrome and other infant death. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of practices that foster such an environment.
This checklist can be used to assess cultural and linguistic competence in the following areas:
- Physical environment, materials, and...
This toolkit provides downloadable educational materials specifically for physicians and other health care professionals and their staff to learn the basics about Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Contents of the toolkit include:
- Reproducible artwork
- Letter from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator
- Fact sheet (English and Spanish)
- List of resources
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and accompanying speaker notes provide an overview of the Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings published in 2002.
This slide presentation addresses the following hand hygiene topics:
- So why all the fuss about hand hygiene?
- Evidence of relationship between hand hygiene and health care-associated infections
- Hand hygiene adherence in hospitals
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. By clicking on the individual steps in this interactive algorithm, the user can access the more detailed information in the Module M summary and related modules.
This algorithm includes the following steps:
- Is this a patient with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus?
This Web-accessible database provides access to evidence-based clinical practice guidelines. The National Guideline Clearinghouse’s (NGC’s) mission is to provide physicians, nurses, health care providers and professionals, health plans, integrated delivery systems, purchasers, and others an accessible mechanism for obtaining objective, detailed information on clinical practice guidelines and to further their dissemination, implementation, and use.
Key components of NGC include:...
This 24-page report outlines recommendations for a manageable number of performance measures that States can use to assure the quality of integrated care in their contracts with special needs plans, which offer significant new opportunities to integrate Medicaid and Medicare coverage for beneficiaries who are dually eligible.
This report addresses the following topics:
- Overview of performance measurement for integrated care programs
- Center for Health Care Strategies...
This Web site provides consumers with detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare- and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Other resources are available at the site to help consumers with their nursing home choices.
This Web site includes the following sections:
- Find–Search for nursing homes by:
- ZIP code
This study, published in the journal Pediatrics, involved a literature review and interviews with expert observers to assess the status of initiatives aimed at improving the quality of child health services.
This article includes the following sections:
- Literature review
- Literature review
- Overview of literature
- The methods of quality improvement (QI)
- Literature review
This 618-page report evaluates the evidence from randomized controlled trials addressing the efficacy of pharmacotherapy, as well as psychotherapy, and a number of other non-drug treatments in the treatment of bulimia nervosa.
This evidence report includes the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Bulimia nervosa
- Treatment options evaluated in this evidence report
- Previously published systematic reviews
- Practice standards and...
This video addresses the controversy about whether or not a signature on a consent form accurately represents a patient’s understanding.
This 5-minute video addresses various aspects of the issue of informed consent, such as:
- Informed consent versus uninformed consent
- Case example: Uninformed consent
- Uninformed consent: Legal considerations
- Universal safe communication practices
- Techniques to help patients understand consent