Care management processes
This 40-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus, such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and comorbid conditions (e...
This 68-page guide is designed to help consumers find and compare nursing homes. It can help families make the best choice when planning ahead or when they need to make an unexpected decision.
This guide includes the following sections:
- Important information if you have Medicare
- For readers who are helping another person choose a nursing home
- How to use this booklet
- Who can help answer questions?
- Choosing the type of...
This tool outlines how the Federal Government intends to prepare, detect, and respond to the threat of pandemic influenza, whether it results from the avian flu or another influenza virus.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- President's letter
- The pandemic threat
- The National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza
- Pillars of the national strategy
- Implementation of the national strategy
- Preparedness and...
This toolkit provides resources for policymakers, health plans, and clinicians and addresses the gap between what can be delivered to children with special health care needs and what is actually received.
This toolkit includes the following sections:
- Foreword: Who are children with special needs?
- Improving quality for children with special needs
- The challenge of serving children with special needs
- Opportunities to enhance services for children with...
This 5-minute video explores the controversy over whether obesity can and should be classified as a disease from a public health and clinical perspective. It weighs the arguments on both sides of this controversy utilizing the semantic definition of obesity, and offers physicians guidance on the implications for patients and the public on each side of the issue.
This video includes topics such as:
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey: an objective survey ...
This four-page checklist was developed by the National Center for Cultural Competence as part of a series to assist organizations and systems of care in developing policies, structures, and practices that support cultural and linguistic competence. It focuses on systems of care and organizations concerned with the delivery of services and supports to children and youth with emotional, behavioral, and mental disorders and to their families.
This checklist addresses the following...
This document is intended for occupational health professionals and other clinicians who are responsible for physical and mental health oversight of workers who have deployed or worked in hurricane disaster response. This tool offers guidance for screening workers who may have been exposed to potential work-related adverse health consequences as a result of working in unclean or unstable work environments, such as hurricane recovery areas.
This tool addresses the following topics:...
This chartbook contains more than 30 key indicators of development and health for children ages 0 to 6 along with social factors in the family and neighborhood that affect these outcomes.
The following topics are addressed in the chartbook:
- Introduction and overview
- Socioemotional development
- Social competence
- Behavioral self-control
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Intellectual development
- Socioemotional development
This key points card is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
The key points card provides recommendations for diabetes screening and for preventive care measures for people with diabetes mellitus, in the following categories:
- Primary prevention
- Secondary prevention
- Tertiary prevention
- Health preventive...
This leadership guide is an informational and organizational tool to support the Remaking American Medicine campaign, a grassroots initiative to mobilize the public in demanding and supporting sweeping change throughout the American health system.
This guide includes the following:
- Overview: A system in need of critical care
- How to use the Leadership Guide
- Remaking American Medicine (four-part film series)
- National outreach campaign...