Medication: ordering, transcription, administration, dispensing
This tool gives patients guidance for managing their asthma with specific instructions from their physicians. It provides a traffic light-themed algorithm to help patients determine when to use preventive medications only (green), add quick relief medications (yellow), and call the physician (red).
The one-page tool provides space for the health care provider to record the following information:
- Asthma triggers
- Personal best peak flow
- Peak flow ranges...
This flow sheet, derived from the 2006 update of an American Society of Clinical Oncology guideline, provides a tool for documenting the rationale and details for administration of white blood cell growth factors (colony-stimulating factors).
This flow sheet enables providers to record the following information:
- Patient information
- Justification for use
- Primary administration (preventive)
- Secondary administration (preventive)
- Therapeutic use...
This 200-page resource manual outlines a systems approach to medication management in long-term care. It is designed to provide nursing home staff with a step-by-step guide through the key processes of a comprehensive medication management system and address areas that can lead to the reduction of medication errors. In addition, tools are offered as strategies to reduce the incidence and harm of errors.
The topics addressed in this manual include the following:...
This brochure provides tips to encourage patients to become more involved in their care. It also gives patients guidance on how to find out about their medical condition, new medicines, and followup care.
The brochure includes the following information:
- What should you do before leaving the hospital?
- What if you have trouble understanding the language used in the instructions?
- You feel overwhelmed by the followup care you need. What can you do?...
This tool presents questions and answers addressing early stage breast cancer.
It covers the following breast cancer-related topics:
- Lobular vs. ductal carcinoma
- Side effects
- Breast reconstruction
- More information/links to other resources
This guide provides information about the prevention and treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in children with HIV infection. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is PCP?
- How do I know if my child has PCP?
- How could my child catch PCP?
- How can I prevent PCP in my child?
- What children should get treatment to prevent PCP?
- What are the side effects of...
This 106-page guide from the American Cancer Society provides detailed information about breast cancer, including information on risk factors, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- What is cancer?
- What is breast cancer?
- Normal breast structure
- Benign breast lumps
- Breast cancer general terms
- Types of breast cancers
- What are the key statistics about breast cancer?...
This 618-page report evaluates the evidence from randomized controlled trials addressing the efficacy of pharmacotherapy, as well as psychotherapy, and a number of other non-drug treatments in the treatment of bulimia nervosa.
This evidence report includes the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Bulimia nervosa
- Treatment options evaluated in this evidence report
- Previously published systematic reviews
- Practice standards and...
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is lupus?
- Who has lupus?
- What are the different types of lupus?
- What causes lupus?
- How is systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) diagnosed?
- What are flares?
- How is lupus treated?
- Is it safe for me to become pregnant?
- How can I tell the difference between symptoms of lupus and symptoms of pregnancy?
- How can I cope with the stress of having lupus?
This tool is a prototype form that can be customized to document the assessment and treatment of adult patients exposed to radiation.
This form provides space to record the following types of information:
- Vital signs
- Special orders for radiation contamination
- Height and weight
- Peripheral IV management
- Foley catheter management
- Monitor intake/...