Medication: ordering, transcription, administration, dispensing
This guide provides information about the prevention and treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP) in children with HIV infection. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is PCP?
- How do I know if my child has PCP?
- How could my child catch PCP?
- How can I prevent PCP in my child?
- What children should get treatment to prevent PCP?
- What are the side effects of...
This toolkit can be used by family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries to help the beneficiaries understand the new Medicare prescription drug coverage.
Family and friends of Medicare beneficiaries can use this toolkit to:
- Understand the basics of Medicare prescription drug coverage
- Determine how your friend or family member gets current prescription coverage today
- Gather some important information
- Review the plan choices
- Help them enroll...
This Web page identifies drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia.
This Web page provides links to view drug lists in the following categories:
- Drugs with risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs with possible risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs to be avoided by congenital long-QT patients
- Drugs unlikely to cause torsades de pointes
Each list can be sorted by brand or generic name. Drugs are listed...
This toolkit is designed to assist clinicians in providing quality care for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It can provide the basis for a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary system of care.
Registration is required to download the toolkit.
This toolkit contains the following tools:
- NICHQ ADHD Primary Care Initial Evaluation Form - This tool helps organize the various pieces of information needed to make a diagnosis of...
This booklet has been created to help patients and their families through the process of organ transplantation and to provide the information needed to make knowledgeable health care decisions.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Preparing for your transplant
- The transplant process
- Living donation
- Developing a financial strategy
- Life after transplant
- Promoting organ and tissue donation
This tool gives patients guidance for managing their asthma with specific instructions from their physicians. It provides a traffic light-themed algorithm to help patients determine when to use preventive medications only (green), add quick relief medications (yellow), and call the physician (red).
The one-page tool provides space for the health care provider to record the following information:
- Asthma triggers
- Personal best peak flow
- Peak flow ranges...
This three-page guideline summary is a 2006 update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) recommendations for the use of antiemetics in oncology.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Chemotherapy-induced emesis
- Radiation-induced emesis
Three tables summarize the following topics:
- Antiemetic agents and regimens, emetic risk categories, special emetic problems, and radiation-induced emesis
- Emetic risk of...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of melanoma.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Prognostic factors
- Cellular classification
- Treatment options by cancer stage
This 39-page workbook will help State leaders develop the information needed to support quality improvement efforts for asthma-related health care. The written exercises help users begin to think about effective partnerships, assembly of State data, questions to raise about interpretation of the data, and quality improvement techniques.
The following modules are presented in this workbook:
- Module 1: Making the case for asthma care quality improvement
- Assess the...
This workbook provides information and guidance to women that can help them make a decision about whether hormone replacement therapy (HRT) would be a good choice for them.
The workbook should prepare patients to discuss HRT with their health care provider. Topics presented include:
- Personal health quizzes
- Coronary heart disease
- Breast cancer
- Putting it all together
- A guide to talking with...