The Detoxification Center Evaluation checklist can be used to evaluate intoxicated individuals to determine if they need to go to the emergency department or can safely be transported directly to a county detoxification facility.
The checklist is provided in the report linked below and also includes a followup form.
The Emergency Severity Index (ESI) is a simple to use, five-level triage instrument that categorizes emergency department (ED) patients by evaluating both patient acuity and resources. The algorithm provides clinically relevant stratification of patients into five groups from 1 (most urgent) to 5 (least urgent). ED educators, clinicians, and managers can use this practical guide to develop and conduct an ESI educational program, implement the algorithm, and design an ongoing quality...
This portfolio offers nurses a reliable method for developing evidence-based workforce plans to support existing hospital services or the development of new ones.
It has two distinct but interrelated elements that should be used together:
- Element 1—The acuity/dependency tool has been developed to help the United Kingdom’s National Health Service hospitals measure patient acuity and dependency to inform evidence-based decision making on nursing staffing and...
This toolkit offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement for preventive care services and a collection of “lessons learned” by a diverse group of health plans serving Medicaid members. It offers realistic approaches to help health plans develop or improve preventive care programs.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- How will this toolkit benefit your health plan?
- Measuring for success: A process improvement strategy
- A typology...
The Dose Estimator (biodosimetry tools) can be used by providers to guide the needed therapy for patients with acute radiation syndrome.
The Dose Estimator addresses the following topics:
- Estimate exposure dose–Dose estimator:
- Onset of vomiting
- Lymphocyte depletion kinetics
- Dicentric chromosomes
- Explaining biodosimetry
- Suggest hematopoietic subsyndrome treatment, based on exposure dose and event size
This pocket guide is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on the evaluation and triage of post-traumatic acute stress reaction (ASR).
This pocket guide addresses the following topics:
- Initial evaluation and triage (algorithm)
- ASR assessment
- ASR immediate needs
- ASR acute interventions...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. By clicking on the individual steps in this interactive algorithm, the user can access the more detailed information in the Module M summary and related modules.
This algorithm includes the following steps:
- Is this a patient with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus?
This interactive algorithm on acute stress reaction (ASR) is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
This algorithm addresses the following topics:
- Trauma exposure
- Screen for ASR
- Dangerousness to self or others
- Obtain assessment of medical and functional status based on general appearance and screening...
This 15-page module summary on posttraumatic disorders in primary care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on acute stress disorder (ASD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This module summary addresses the following topics:
- ASD and PTSD in primary care (algorithm)
- Common symptoms after exposure...
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties