This consumer guide is for people who have tried several times to quit smoking.
It covers the following:
- Reasons for quitting
- Getting ready to quit
- Getting medicine
- Getting help
- Staying quit
This system of forms and tools is designed to assist in the coordination of health reporting and communication. These forms may also be useful to families and individuals.
The materials available include the following:
- Health review checklist: A simple form that direct support professionals or a supervisor would use to record changes in an individual’s health status.
- Forms for the health care appointment: ...
The Chronic Disease Cost Calculator is a downloadable tool that supports States in:
- Estimating State Medicaid expenditures for six chronic diseases–congestive heart failure, heart disease, stroke, hypertension, cancer, and diabetes.
- Generating estimates of the costs to Medicaid of selected chronic diseases using customized inputs (e.g., prevalence rates and treatment costs).
This toolkit helps rural primary care providers apply suicide prevention practices and establish themselves as a member of a team that is fully equipped to reduce suicide risk among their patients. The information and tools provided help physicians with a variety of topics such as patient self-management of their own suicide risk and partnership development with mental health providers.
The toolkit contains the following sections:
- Getting started
This Web site provides comprehensive government-wide information on seasonal, H1N1 (swine), H5N1 (bird), and pandemic influenza for the general public, health and emergency preparedness professionals, policymakers, government and business leaders, school systems, and local communities. It also provides news, tools, fact sheets, videos, and links to social networking Web sites for the public to connect to local information.
This site is organized into the following sections:...
This learning unit consists of videos of mini-lectures that are designed to educate nursing students about integrating primary and mental health care services.
This course includes the following videos:
- Welcome and Introduction to Nurse Managed Health Centers and Integrated Health Care
- Overview and Cultural Considerations
- Integrated Care
- Coordinating Integrated Care: System Issues and Community Resources
This Web site educates pharmacists, health care providers, and the general public about the importance of appropriate antibiotic use and the growing threat of antibiotic resistance.
This site includes the following information and resources:
- Respiratory illnesses: When antibiotics are and aren’t needed for specific upper respiratory infections
- A chart to know which common illnesses are usually viral or bacterial and when antibiotics are necessary
Community Oriented Correctional Health Services (COCHS) is a program that fosters partnerships between local correctional facilities and local health care providers to provide quality care inside a correctional facility, and to connect returning inmates to their local community health centers for continued care after release. The questionnaire helps interested parties determine whether the COCHS program is suitable for their jurisdiction.
Community Oriented Correctional Health Services Mapping Arrestee Population Tool (COCHS M.A.P. Tool (c) ) is a Web-based program that allows correctional center staff to locate community services such as health clinics, mental health centers, and substance abuse treatment centers that detainees are likely to need after their release. The MAP Tool records user-entered data to determine the relative relationship between the location of arrestees and the location of various...
The Healthy People 2010 Oral Health Toolkit provides guidance, technical tools, and resources to help States, territories, tribes, and communities develop and implement successful oral health components of Healthy People 2010 plans as well as other oral health plans. These plans are useful for:
- Promoting, implementing, and tracking oral health objectives
- Educating the public and policymakers about oral health needs and disparities
- Leveraging resources for...