This chartbook is the first comprehensive national report on the quality of pediatric care. The researchers reviewed over 500 studies and synthesized this information into 40 charts that provide a portrait of the current state of pediatric health care.
The chartbook finds dramatic progress in some areas–such as reductions in hospital-acquired infections in pediatric intensive care units–and serious challenges in many others–such as gaps in preventive care and developmental services. It...
This key points card is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
The key points card provides recommendations for diabetes screening and for preventive care measures for people with diabetes mellitus, in the following categories:
- Primary prevention
- Secondary prevention
- Tertiary prevention
- Health preventive...
This tool helps users find an HIV testing site and provides information about HIV testing.
For each site, this tool provides the following information:
- Name of organization
- Approximate distance
- Testing services provided
This tool also provides the following information:
- What you need to know
- The basics on HIV infection and AIDS
- Staying HIV negative
- Living with HIV/AIDS: Staying healthy, protecting others...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...
The Roadmaps for Clinical Practice Series: Assessment and Management of Adult Obesity Primer is designed to offer practical recommendations for addressing adult obesity in the primary care setting. The primer includes 10 booklets plus clinical tools and patient handouts.
The primer offers practical advice on:
- Evaluating patients for current and potential health risks related to weight—beginning with a measure of the body mass index (BMI)
This is an online training course to educate primary care providers about the importance of early detection and early intervention of adult-onset hemochromatosis.
The course contains eight modules:
- Clinical features
- Diagnostic testing
- Treatment and management
- Family-based detection
- Course summary
- Case studies
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.
The Asthma Action Plan is a one-page form that the doctor and patient can complete together. It provides information and instructions for patients’ self-management of asthma and includes space for the doctor to fill in directions for medication, peak flow numbers, asthma triggers, and what to do in case of an asthma attack or an emergency.
This pocket guide is condensed from Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much: A Clinician’s Guide, a 30-page guide prepared by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) . It is organized into the following sections, using flowchart or tabular format:
- How to screen for heavy drinking
- How to assess for alcohol use disorders
- How to conduct a brief intervention (for at-risk drinking and for alcohol use disorders)
- What’s a...