This fact sheet provides answers to questions on human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and cancer.
- What are HPVs and how are they transmitted?
- What are genital warts?
- What is the association between HPV infection and cancer?
- Are there specific types of HPVs that are associated with cancer?
- What are the risk factors for HPV infection and cervical cancer?
- How are HPV infections detected?
- How are cervical cell...
This brochure offers suggestions to help patients improve the quality of their dental care.
This brochure presents the following five steps:
- Be an active member of your dental care team
- Tell your dentist about medical problems, medications, allergies, or bad reactions you have had in the past
- Talk openly with your dentist and the dental team about your care and treatment choices
- Make sure that when you need dental care, you and the dentist agree on...
This calculator uses information from the Framingham Heart Study to estimate 10-year risk for “hard” coronary heart disease (CHD) outcomes (myocardial infarction and coronary death). This tool is designed to estimate risk in adults aged 20 and older who do not have heart disease or diabetes.
Clinicians can calculate patients’ 10-year risk of developing hard CHD by entering the following information into the tool:
This tool is a two-page summary of three American Academy of Neurology guidelines on dementia. This summary focuses on Alzheimer’s disease (AD), for which current evidence is strongest and clearest.
This summary addresses the following practice parameters:
- Detection of dementia – Mild cognitive impairment
- Diagnosis of dementia
- Management of dementia
This summary also presents strategies to improve functional performance and reduce problem...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on routine vitamin supplementation to prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What does the evidence indicate?
- Should people take vitamin supplements?
- What are the potential harms of vitamin supplements?
- More information
The Oregon Heart Failure GAP (Guidelines Applied in Practice) Toolkit contains a variety of tools, some for clinicians treating patients suffering from heart failure, and others for heart failure patients themselves.
- Clinician tools:
- Clinician guide to heart failure treatment - For primary care clinicians
- Tips for increasing effectiveness of interactions with patients
- Sample heart failure visit template
- Patient tools:
- How to care...
This manual outlines all of the key elements of a system of excellent care for people with diabetes.
This tool addresses the following diabetes care topics:
- The challenge
- The solution
- Care model checklist
- Decision support
- Clinical information system
- Delivery system design
- Organization of health care
- Care model: Changes for specific populations
- Improvement model...
This toolkit provides a variety of tools for primary care practice teams to deliver coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary services to both prevent obesity and improve care for children who are already overweight or at risk for being overweight.
This toolkit includes a section with parenting tips and patient education tools as well as the following sections for providers:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Management and treatment - Office
The National Women’s Heath Information Center (NWHIC) provides a gateway to the vast array of Federal and other women’s health information resources. This Web site can help users link to, read, and download a wide variety of materials related to women’s health developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), other Federal agencies, and private sector organizations.
The Web site includes the following major sections:
- About womenshealth.gov
This fact sheet answers the following common questions about chlamydia:
- What is chlamydia and how common is it?
- How do you get chlamydia?
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia?
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Who should get tested for chlamydia?
- What is the treatment for chlamydia?
- What should I do if I have chlamydia?
- What health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
- How can chlamydia be prevented?
- Links to...