This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years.
Topic addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the benefits of early detection of visual impairment?
- Which screening tests should clinicians use?
- What are the potential harms of screening?
- What treatments can improve visual acuity?
- What are...
This Web site answers common questions about menopause.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is menopause?
- What are the signs of menopause?
- What about my heart and bones?
- How can I stay healthy after menopause?
- What about those lost hormones?
- Do phytoestrogens help?
- How do I decide what to do?
The Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT) is a screening instrument that identifies children who are at risk for social-communication disorders. This tool is a short questionnaire that is completed by the parents and a primary health care worker at the child’s 18-month developmental checkup.
This guide is a comprehensive clinical manual that addresses the primary care needs unique to women infected with HIV. The target audience is clinicians who provide primary care to women, as well as those seeking a more in-depth understanding of how to care for women with HIV/AIDS.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Epidemiology and natural history of HIV infection in women
- Approach to the patient
- Prevention of HIV
- Primary medical care ...
This guide is designed to help women understand changes that occur in their breasts.
This guide includes the following information:
- About your breasts
- Types of breast changes
- Finding breast changes
- Breast changes during your lifetime that are not cancer
- Getting a second opinion
- Followup tests to tell you more
- Finding the support you need
- For more information
- Chart 1: Possible mammogram results and followup care...
The Emory University Reynolds Program has established the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Pocket Card to be used as a teaching module reference for providers caring for geriatric patients.
This pocket card addresses the following topics:
- Basics in Geriatrics “Big 10” - 10 principles that differentiate the care of older patients from other patient populations
- Recommendations for Geriatric Assessment - a chart plotting the Big...
This fact sheet can be used by health care providers to educate their patients about the importance of calcium consumption in children and teenagers.
This fact sheet is part of Milk Matters, a public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among tweens and teens, especially during the ages of 11 to 15, a time of critical bone growth.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- How does pediatric bone...
This interactive tool will send an e-mail message each year reminding you or someone you know to “Please schedule your mammogram today.” You can choose the month for delivery of the reminder.
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about skin cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Skin cancer...
This checklist is intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the importance of cultural and linguistic cultural competence in health, mental health, and human service settings. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of beliefs, attitudes, values, and practices that foster cultural and linguistic competence at the individual or practitioner level.
This checklist can be used to assess cultural and linguistic competence in the following areas: