This interactive tool will send an e-mail message each year reminding you or someone you know to “Please schedule your mammogram today.” You can choose the month for delivery of the reminder.
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about skin cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Skin cancer...
This checklist is intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the importance of cultural and linguistic cultural competence in health, mental health, and human service settings. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of beliefs, attitudes, values, and practices that foster cultural and linguistic competence at the individual or practitioner level.
This checklist can be used to assess cultural and linguistic competence in the following areas:
Effective treatment for obesity is based on skillful and empathetic communication between practitioners and patients. This quick-reference card is part of a package for starting an effective weight management program in an office or clinic. It includes:
- Tips on how to discuss weight issues with patients
- Guide to determine patient’s health risks
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for obesity in adults.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- Overweight or obese?
- What is the role of clinicians?
- What are the characteristics of effective interventions?
- Are effective interventions equally effective for everyone?
- What are the roles of medications and surgery?
This tool is intended for health care professionals, students, and ancillary personnel who have minimal experience working with homeless patients.
Recognizing that standard clinical practice guidelines often fail to take into consideration the unique health care challenges faced by displaced people, the Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians’ Network convened an advisory committee comprised of six health and social service providers to develop standards for the...
This evidence report presents the results of a systematic review to evaluate B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) as promising markers for heart failure diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
The evidence report is organized as follows:
- Heart failure
- Determinants of BNPs
- Diagnosis of heart failure using BNPs
- Prognostic utility of BNPs
- Treatment monitoring using BNPs
This checklist displays screening tests, preventive medicine, and other healthy life behaviors recommended for women by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force. The screening test checklist allows patients to chart dates and test results as well as questions for the doctor.
This 12-page tool answers questions about hearing loss in infants, focusing on communication and language strategies for families.
The tool includes the following sections:
- Our child has a hearing loss. What happens next? What is early intervention?
- I didn’t know that an infant’s hearing could be tested.
- Hearing in humans is very complex. There are many different types of hearing loss.
- Your child’s hearing loss is unique.
- What are some things...
The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Library is a virtual guide to MCH information. It offers a combination of MCH information compiled by library staff and pathways to the best MCH information available on other Web sites, from organizations and libraries.
The MCH Library publishes the MCH Alert; produces databases; develops knowledge paths, bibliographies, and other information resources; maintains this Web site to provide access to key MCH-related data and information; and promotes...