This fact sheet provides information about heart disease specific to African American women.
Topics addressed in this fact sheet include:
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Questions to ask your doctor
This program is an interactive tool to assist clinicians in determining the most appropriate care for newly diagnosed cases of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) at the point of care. It will help calculate the severity index of a pneumonia patient. The output includes mortality rates and pneumonia class types.
- Application downloads for the Palm and Pocket PC
- Installation instructions
- Feedback and help
This toolkit is designed to assist clinicians in providing quality care for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It can provide the basis for a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary system of care.
Registration is required to download the toolkit.
This toolkit contains the following tools:
- NICHQ ADHD Primary Care Initial Evaluation Form - This tool helps organize the various pieces of information needed to make a diagnosis of...
This interactive algorithm on acute stress reaction (ASR) is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
This algorithm addresses the following topics:
- Trauma exposure
- Screen for ASR
- Dangerousness to self or others
- Obtain assessment of medical and functional status based on general appearance and screening...
These booklets provide information on psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
These booklets are divided into the following topics:
- About psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Treating psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Family and youth
The National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP) is an initiative of the National Institutes of Health, designed to reduce the morbidity and mortality caused by kidney disease and its complications.
NKDEP aims to raise awareness of the seriousness of kidney disease, the importance of testing those at high risk (those with diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of kidney failure), and the availability of treatment to prevent or slow kidney failure.
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for visual impairment in children younger than age 5 years.
Topic addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the benefits of early detection of visual impairment?
- Which screening tests should clinicians use?
- What are the potential harms of screening?
- What treatments can improve visual acuity?
- What are...
This Web site presents information about the prevention, detection, treatment, and care of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Prevention Information Network (NPIN), which is the U.S. reference, referral, and distribution service for information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, and tuberculosis (TB). NPIN produces, collects, catalogs, and disseminates materials and information on STDs to organizations and people working in those...
This tool addresses the following questions:
- My child seems to cough a lot. Is that normal?
- When should I see a doctor about my child’s cough?
- Can my child be harmed by coughing?
- Will coughing damage my child’s lungs and chest?
- Should I let my child run, jump, and play while coughing?
- Is my child’s cough contagious for other members of my family?
- Will coughing cause my child to choke?
- Will coughing cause my child to die from...
This 15-page module summary on posttraumatic disorders in primary care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on acute stress disorder (ASD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This module summary addresses the following topics:
- ASD and PTSD in primary care (algorithm)
- Common symptoms after exposure...