This Web site presents information about the prevention, detection, treatment, and care of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Prevention Information Network (NPIN), which is the U.S. reference, referral, and distribution service for information on HIV/AIDS, STDs, and tuberculosis (TB). NPIN produces, collects, catalogs, and disseminates materials and information on STDs to organizations and people working in those...
This tool addresses the following questions:
- My child seems to cough a lot. Is that normal?
- When should I see a doctor about my child’s cough?
- Can my child be harmed by coughing?
- Will coughing damage my child’s lungs and chest?
- Should I let my child run, jump, and play while coughing?
- Is my child’s cough contagious for other members of my family?
- Will coughing cause my child to choke?
- Will coughing cause my child to die from...
This 15-page module summary on posttraumatic disorders in primary care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on acute stress disorder (ASD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This module summary addresses the following topics:
- ASD and PTSD in primary care (algorithm)
- Common symptoms after exposure...
The Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (CHAT) is a screening instrument that identifies children who are at risk for social-communication disorders. This tool is a short questionnaire that is completed by the parents and a primary health care worker at the child’s 18-month developmental checkup.
This guide is a comprehensive clinical manual that addresses the primary care needs unique to women infected with HIV. The target audience is clinicians who provide primary care to women, as well as those seeking a more in-depth understanding of how to care for women with HIV/AIDS.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Epidemiology and natural history of HIV infection in women
- Approach to the patient
- Prevention of HIV
- Primary medical care ...
This guide is designed to help women understand changes that occur in their breasts.
This guide includes the following information:
- About your breasts
- Types of breast changes
- Finding breast changes
- Breast changes during your lifetime that are not cancer
- Getting a second opinion
- Followup tests to tell you more
- Finding the support you need
- For more information
- Chart 1: Possible mammogram results and followup care...
The Emory University Reynolds Program has established the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Pocket Card to be used as a teaching module reference for providers caring for geriatric patients.
This pocket card addresses the following topics:
- Basics in Geriatrics “Big 10” - 10 principles that differentiate the care of older patients from other patient populations
- Recommendations for Geriatric Assessment - a chart plotting the Big...
This Web site answers common questions about menopause.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- What is menopause?
- What are the signs of menopause?
- What about my heart and bones?
- How can I stay healthy after menopause?
- What about those lost hormones?
- Do phytoestrogens help?
- How do I decide what to do?
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about skin cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Skin cancer...
This checklist is intended to heighten the awareness and sensitivity of personnel to the importance of cultural and linguistic cultural competence in health, mental health, and human service settings. It provides concrete examples of the kinds of beliefs, attitudes, values, and practices that foster cultural and linguistic competence at the individual or practitioner level.
This checklist can be used to assess cultural and linguistic competence in the following areas: