This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on preventing dental caries in preschool children.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What should primary clinicians know?
- What forms of fluoride may be used to prevent dental caries?
- What are the potential harms of fluoride supplementation?
- More information
This fact sheet provides information about staying active for children with diabetes.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Why is being active so important?
- What types of activity are good to do?
- What should you do before exercising?
- How much exercise do you need to do?
- How can your family and friends help?
- What if you don’t like to exercise?
- Take charge of your diabetes.
- What are some things parents can do...
This 40-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus, such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and comorbid conditions (e...
This toolkit will help providers apply the Cross-Cultural Clinical Practice Guidelines, which were written for primary care practitioners serving racially, ethnically, and linguistically diverse Medicaid populations in various outpatient settings. It introduces the fundamentals of cross-cultural practice and offers steps and processes essential to delivering high-quality care to culturally diverse populations.
The toolkit includes the following sections:
- Introduction and...
This Web site presents questions for patients to ask their doctor, nurse, and/or pharmacist when prescribed a medication.
Some topics addressed include:
- Generic medications
- Potential side effects
- Issues to discuss with doctor about new prescriptions
This chartbook is the first comprehensive national report on the quality of pediatric care. The researchers reviewed over 500 studies and synthesized this information into 40 charts that provide a portrait of the current state of pediatric health care.
The chartbook finds dramatic progress in some areas–such as reductions in hospital-acquired infections in pediatric intensive care units–and serious challenges in many others–such as gaps in preventive care and developmental services. It...
This key points card is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
The key points card provides recommendations for diabetes screening and for preventive care measures for people with diabetes mellitus, in the following categories:
- Primary prevention
- Secondary prevention
- Tertiary prevention
- Health preventive...
This tool helps users find an HIV testing site and provides information about HIV testing.
For each site, this tool provides the following information:
- Name of organization
- Approximate distance
- Testing services provided
This tool also provides the following information:
- What you need to know
- The basics on HIV infection and AIDS
- Staying HIV negative
- Living with HIV/AIDS: Staying healthy, protecting others...
This tool kit includes information and tools to help physicians diagnose and manage concussion.
This tool kit includes:
- A booklet with information on diagnosis and management of mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBI)
- A patient assessment tool (Acute Concussion Evaluation or ACE)
- A care plan to help guide patient’s recovery
- Fact sheets in English and Spanish on preventing concussion
- A palm card for the on-field management of sports-related...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...