The Diabetes Prevention and Management toolkit contains tools for adults, children, and health care providers.
The available tools include:
- Tools for adults
- Tools to help manage diabetes
- Personal diabetes care card
- Manage your diabetes brochure
- Tools to help prevent diabetes
- You have the power to prevent diabetes/the healthy plate handout
- Am I at risk for type 2 diabetes? booklet
- Your game...
Health Link ® is an interactive tool that estimates cancer risk by reviewing patterns of cancer in a family. It is a free service designed to help individuals learn more about their cancer risk and steps they can take to focus prevention efforts.
This brochure offers suggestions to help patients improve the quality of their dental care.
This brochure presents the following five steps:
- Be an active member of your dental care team
- Tell your dentist about medical problems, medications, allergies, or bad reactions you have had in the past
- Talk openly with your dentist and the dental team about your care and treatment choices
- Make sure that when you need dental care, you and the dentist agree on...
This calculator uses information from the Framingham Heart Study to estimate 10-year risk for “hard” coronary heart disease (CHD) outcomes (myocardial infarction and coronary death). This tool is designed to estimate risk in adults aged 20 and older who do not have heart disease or diabetes.
Clinicians can calculate patients’ 10-year risk of developing hard CHD by entering the following information into the tool:
This summary provides information to patients on treatment options for cervical cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about cervical cancer
- Stages of cervical cancer
- Recurrent cervical cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for recurrent cervical cancer
This tool is a step-by-step guide to helping people with heart disease make decisions that will protect and improve their heart health. It provides information about lifestyle habits, medicines, and other treatments that can lessen the chances of having a heart attack.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Heart disease: A wakeup call
- What is heart disease?
- Getting tested for heart disease
- Controlling your risk factors
- You and your doctor...
The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is a hands-on tool designed to help primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients.
The ePSS can be accessed on the Web or on a PDA or mobile device. It is based on current recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and can be searched by specific patient characteristics, such as age, sex, and selected behavioral risk...
This fact sheet provides answers to questions on human papillomaviruses (HPVs) and cancer.
- What are HPVs and how are they transmitted?
- What are genital warts?
- What is the association between HPV infection and cancer?
- Are there specific types of HPVs that are associated with cancer?
- What are the risk factors for HPV infection and cervical cancer?
- How are HPV infections detected?
- How are cervical cell...
This toolkit provides a variety of tools for primary care practice teams to deliver coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary services to both prevent obesity and improve care for children who are already overweight or at risk for being overweight.
This toolkit includes a section with parenting tips and patient education tools as well as the following sections for providers:
- Assessment and diagnosis
- Management and treatment - Office
This tool is a two-page summary of three American Academy of Neurology guidelines on dementia. This summary focuses on Alzheimer’s disease (AD), for which current evidence is strongest and clearest.
This summary addresses the following practice parameters:
- Detection of dementia – Mild cognitive impairment
- Diagnosis of dementia
- Management of dementia
This summary also presents strategies to improve functional performance and reduce problem...