This fact sheet addresses the causes, risks, and treatments for postpartum thyroiditis.
The fact sheet contains the following information:
- What is postpartum thyroiditis?
- What are the risks of postpartum thyroiditis?
- How is postpartum thyroiditis diagnosed?
- How is thyroiditis treated?
- What should you do with this information?
These videos help mental health care and other providers prevent chronic mental health problems resulting from combat and other war-zone stress, promoting wellness in this returning group of veterans. It is available in both a provider perspective and a separate video for veterans, active duty service members, and their families.
This interactive algorithm on acute stress reaction (ASR) is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
This algorithm addresses the following topics:
- Trauma exposure
- Screen for ASR
- Dangerousness to self or others
- Obtain assessment of medical and functional status based on general appearance and screening...
These booklets provide information on psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
These booklets are divided into the following topics:
- About psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Treating psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Family and youth
This fact sheet provides information about heart disease specific to African American women.
Topics addressed in this fact sheet include:
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Questions to ask your doctor
This program is an interactive tool to assist clinicians in determining the most appropriate care for newly diagnosed cases of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP) at the point of care. It will help calculate the severity index of a pneumonia patient. The output includes mortality rates and pneumonia class types.
- Application downloads for the Palm and Pocket PC
- Installation instructions
- Feedback and help
This toolkit is designed to assist clinicians in providing quality care for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It can provide the basis for a coordinated, integrated, and multidisciplinary system of care.
Registration is required to download the toolkit.
This toolkit contains the following tools:
- NICHQ ADHD Primary Care Initial Evaluation Form - This tool helps organize the various pieces of information needed to make a diagnosis of...
This 15-page module summary on posttraumatic disorders in primary care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It focuses on acute stress disorder (ASD) and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
This module summary addresses the following topics:
- ASD and PTSD in primary care (algorithm)
- Common symptoms after exposure...
This Web-based tool helps users organize family history information and then print it out for presentation to the family doctor. In addition, the tool helps users save their family history information to their own computer and even share family history information with other family members.
Additional site features include:
- Ability to view reports (family tree drawing, health history chart)
- Ability to add family (aunts, uncles, etc.)
- Ability to edit the...
The National Kidney Disease Education Program (NKDEP) is an initiative of the National Institutes of Health, designed to reduce the morbidity and mortality caused by kidney disease and its complications.
NKDEP aims to raise awareness of the seriousness of kidney disease, the importance of testing those at high risk (those with diabetes, high blood pressure, or a family history of kidney failure), and the availability of treatment to prevent or slow kidney failure.