Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This brochure provides advice to help consumers quit using tobacco.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- A new approach to life
- Coping with nicotine withdrawal
- Medications that can help
- Nicotine patch
- Nicotine gum
- Nicotine inhaler
- Nicotine nasal spray
- Buproprion (Zyban)
- You are ready to quit
- How do I begin?
This 79-page toolkit from the Center for Health Care Strategies offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in asthma care for health plans serving Medicaid members. This toolkit offers practical approaches for identifying common barriers to achieving better care for members with asthma, developing strategies to overcome these barriers, reviewing clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measuring incremental and long-term change...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Topics addressed include:
- Why is screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women important?
- Who is at risk for osteoporosis?
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What screening tests are available?
- What treatments are available?
- How do the current recommendations differ from those...
This one-page fact sheet is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's “Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work” campaign. It provides parents with information about colds and runny noses. This tool addresses the following questions:
- What causes a runny nose during a cold?
- What should I do?
- Are antibiotics ever needed for a runny nose?
- Why not try antibiotics now?
This fact sheet provides information about reading food labels to find foods that are lower in sodium.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Information on the food label
- Amount per serving
- Number of servings
- Percent daily value
This databook provides information on a range of indicators that can help track the health behaviors, risk factors, and health care utilization practices of women throughout the United States. It selectively highlights emerging issues and trends in women’s health, using data from a wide variety of Federal and other sources.
This databook includes the following information:
- Population characteristics
- U.S. population
- U.S. female population by...
These algorithms are derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-major depressive disorder conditions deserving...
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...