Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of breast cancer and pregnancy.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Other considerations for pregnancy and breast cancer
- Fetal consequences of maternal breast cancer
- Consequences of pregnancy in patients with a history...
This 454-page pocket guide is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. It presents key information and data in abbreviated tabular form for 677 chemicals or substance groupings found in the work environment.
The pocket guide includes the following:
- Chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, Chemical Abstracts Service, Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances, and...
The National Women’s Heath Information Center (NWHIC) provides a gateway to the vast array of Federal and other women’s health information resources. This Web site can help users link to, read, and download a wide variety of materials related to women’s health developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), other Federal agencies, and private sector organizations.
The Web site includes the following major sections:
- About womenshealth.gov
This 200-page resource manual outlines a systems approach to medication management in long-term care. It is designed to provide nursing home staff with a step-by-step guide through the key processes of a comprehensive medication management system and address areas that can lead to the reduction of medication errors. In addition, tools are offered as strategies to reduce the incidence and harm of errors.
The topics addressed in this manual include the following:...
This statement summarizes the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm and the supporting scientific evidence. It updates the 1996 recommendations contained in the Guide to Clinical Preventive Services , 2nd edition.
This tool includes the following sections:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- What are the potential benefits of...
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about AML
- AML with characteristic genetic abnormalities
- AML with an FLT3 mutation
- AML with multilineage dysplasia
- Therapy-related AMLs and...
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...