Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This 454-page pocket guide is intended as a source of general industrial hygiene information for workers, employers, and occupational health professionals. It presents key information and data in abbreviated tabular form for 677 chemicals or substance groupings found in the work environment.
The pocket guide includes the following:
- Chemical names, synonyms, trade names, conversion factors, Chemical Abstracts Service, Registry of Toxic Effects of Chemical Substances, and...
This National Institute on Aging Web site provides current, comprehensive information and resources concerning Alzheimer’s disease (AD) for health professionals, people with AD, and their families.
This site includes the following sections:
- Alzheimer’s information (includes links to numerous publications, some in easy-to-read and Spanish versions)
- General information
- Treatment (includes a link to an AD...
This statement summarizes the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for abdominal aortic aneurysm and the supporting scientific evidence. It updates the 1996 recommendations contained in the Guide to Clinical Preventive Services , 2nd edition.
This tool includes the following sections:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What are the risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysm?
- What are the potential benefits of...
This brochure provides advice to help consumers quit using tobacco.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- A new approach to life
- Coping with nicotine withdrawal
- Medications that can help
- Nicotine patch
- Nicotine gum
- Nicotine inhaler
- Nicotine nasal spray
- Buproprion (Zyban)
- You are ready to quit
- How do I begin?
This algorithm for psychoses and schizophrenia treatment is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Psychoses, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to provide a systematic approach to the evaluation and management of patients with psychoses/schizophrenia.
The tool addresses the following:
- Strategies for treatment
- Followup and monitoring
- Use of...
This 79-page toolkit from the Center for Health Care Strategies offers a structured approach for addressing quality improvement in asthma care for health plans serving Medicaid members. This toolkit offers practical approaches for identifying common barriers to achieving better care for members with asthma, developing strategies to overcome these barriers, reviewing clinical and administrative strategies that other health plans have implemented, and measuring incremental and long-term change...
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about AML
- AML with characteristic genetic abnormalities
- AML with an FLT3 mutation
- AML with multilineage dysplasia
- Therapy-related AMLs and...
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...