Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
The AIDS info Drug Database provides HIV/AIDS drug fact sheets for the drugs most commonly used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS. The database includes fact sheets for both Food and Drug Administration-approved and investigational drugs. For each drug, patient, health professional, and Spanish versions are available. All three include links to an audio file of the correct pronunciation, as well as a link to additional sources of information about the drug.
Patient versions of...
This fact sheet answers the following common questions about chlamydia:
- What is chlamydia and how common is it?
- How do you get chlamydia?
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia?
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Who should get tested for chlamydia?
- What is the treatment for chlamydia?
- What should I do if I have chlamydia?
- What health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
- How can chlamydia be prevented?
- Links to...
This tool outlines how the Federal Government intends to prepare, detect, and respond to the threat of pandemic influenza, whether it results from the avian flu or another influenza virus.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- President's letter
- The pandemic threat
- The National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza
- Pillars of the national strategy
- Implementation of the national strategy
- Preparedness and...
This National Institute on Aging Web site provides current, comprehensive information and resources concerning Alzheimer’s disease (AD) for health professionals, people with AD, and their families.
This site includes the following sections:
- Alzheimer’s information (includes links to numerous publications, some in easy-to-read and Spanish versions)
- General information
- Treatment (includes a link to an AD...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. By clicking on the individual steps in this interactive algorithm, the user can access the more detailed information in the Module M summary and related modules.
This algorithm includes the following steps:
- Is this a patient with newly diagnosed diabetes mellitus?
This fact sheet explains how a patient in need of a transplant is matched to an organ donor. It briefly describes the centralized computer network maintained by the United Network for Organ Sharing, addresses the role of the transplant center, explains how patients in the transplant pool are ranked, and discusses the process once an organ becomes available.
This Microsoft ® Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the use of hand-sterilizing alcohol per 1000 patient days as a means to evaluate and improve hand hygiene practices. The spreadsheet collects data on the use of wall-mounted and pocket-sized, alcohol-based hand rubs.
This spreadsheet allows users to collect the following information:
- Number of large cans or bottles used throughout unit
- Grams per large can or bottle used throughout unit...
This algorithm for psychoses and schizophrenia treatment is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Psychoses, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to provide a systematic approach to the evaluation and management of patients with psychoses/schizophrenia.
The tool addresses the following:
- Strategies for treatment
- Followup and monitoring
- Use of...
Medicines In My Home is an interactive educational program about the safe and effective use of over-the-counter (OTC) medicines. It includes materials geared to both students and adults.
This Web site is divided into four sections:
- Teachers’ room
- Course description and objectives
- Teachers’ kit
- Classroom lesson materials
- Medicines in my home: Information for students on using OTC medicines safely
- Classroom lesson on safe OTC...
- Classroom lesson materials