Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This slideshow summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by the American Society of Clinical Oncology on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Can full axillary lymph node dissection be avoided in patients with negative findings on SNB?
- Is full axillary lymph node dissection necessary for all patients...
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Supplemental” may be used in conjunction with the slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and can be customized by inserting hospital-specific data.
This slide set addresses the reasons for health care workers to practice good hand hygiene and includes question and answer slides to be used in an interactive presentation.
This fact sheet provides information to help patients with diabetes manage their condition and stay healthy. It provides a checklist of diabetes management and preventive health care strategies to be followed every day, at every visit to the doctor or nurse, and at other intervals.
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about skin cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Skin cancer...
This 66-page toolkit describes the experiences of 11 Medicaid managed care organizations in developing, pilot testing, and refining a Best Clinical and Administrative Practices (BCAP) initiative to improve early childhood screening and anticipatory guidance, with an emphasis on preventive pediatric care.
This toolkit addresses the following topics:
- Enhancing child development services in Medicaid managed care
- Enhancing child development services using the BCAP...
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
Topics addressed include:
- Why is screening for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women important?
- Who is at risk for osteoporosis?
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What screening tests are available?
- What treatments are available?
- How do the current recommendations differ from those...
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is CMV?
- How is CMV spread?
- How can I protect myself from CMV?
- How do I know if I have CMV?
- How is CMV different for someone with HIV?
- How can I prevent CMV disease?
This brochure is part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s “Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work” campaign. It will educate parents about when antibiotics work–and when they won’t.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- The risk: Bacteria becomes resistant
- Antibiotics aren’t always the answer
- Protect your child, give the best care
- Commonly asked questions
This six-page guideline summary is a 2006 update of the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s (ASCO) recommendations for the use of white blood cell growth factors.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- Primary prophylactic colony-stimulating factor (CSF) administration
- Secondary prophylactic CSF administration
- Therapeutic use of CSF
- Use of CSF to increase chemotherapy dose intensity and dose density
- Use of CSF as adjuncts...