Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This pocket guide on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult Hodgkin lymphoma.
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Cellular classification of adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Stage information for adult Hodgkin lymphoma
- Treatment option overview
The AIDS info Drug Database provides HIV/AIDS drug fact sheets for the drugs most commonly used to treat patients with HIV/AIDS. The database includes fact sheets for both Food and Drug Administration-approved and investigational drugs. For each drug, patient, health professional, and Spanish versions are available. All three include links to an audio file of the correct pronunciation, as well as a link to additional sources of information about the drug.
Patient versions of...
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This chartbook contains more than 30 key indicators of development and health for children ages 0 to 6 along with social factors in the family and neighborhood that affect these outcomes.
The following topics are addressed in the chartbook:
- Introduction and overview
- Socioemotional development
- Social competence
- Behavioral self-control
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Intellectual development
- Socioemotional development
This 18-page guideline summary is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Medically Unexplained Symptoms: Chronic Pain and Fatigue, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense. It is intended to:
- Promote efficient and effective assessment of patients’ complaints
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with medically unexplained symptoms: chronic pain and fatigue
This fact sheet explains the risks of having a high blood cholesterol level and provides guidance on lowering high blood cholesterol.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Why is cholesterol important?
- How does cholesterol cause heart disease?
- What do your cholesterol numbers mean?
- What affects cholesterol levels?
- What is your risk of developing heart disease or having a heart attack?
- Treating high cholesterol ...
This tool provides links for downloading five campaign posters that emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment and handwashing as a means to reduce the risk of infection in health care settings. These posters are intended for both clinical and general audiences. Two of the posters are also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on preventing dental caries in preschool children.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- What should primary clinicians know?
- What forms of fluoride may be used to prevent dental caries?
- What are the potential harms of fluoride supplementation?
- More information
This fact sheet provides women with information about mammograms. It includes the following sections:
- What is a mammogram?
- What happens during a mammogram?
- Who should get one?
- Why should I have one?
- How will I pay?
- How do I get a mammogram?
- What else can I do?
- Where can I learn more?