Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This tool provides hand hygiene tips and suggestions for hand washing when running water is not available.
Tips are provided on:
- When you should wash your hands
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizers
- Washing with soap and water
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of Mycobacterium avium complex disease (MAC). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is MAC disease?
- Can children get MAC disease?
- What are the symptoms of MAC disease?
- How is MAC disease diagnosed?
- How do people get MAC disease?
- How can I avoid MAC disease?
This 40-page guide, written for primary care and mental health clinicians, provides information for incorporating alcohol screening and intervention into clinical practice. The guide addresses two methods for screening: a single question (about heavy drinking days) to be used during a clinical interview and a written self-report instrument.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- What’s the same, what’s new in the 2005 update
- Before you begin...
This tool addresses common questions about migraine headaches including:
- What is a migraine headache?
- What causes migraine?
- Are there different kinds of migraine?
- How does a migraine headache differ from a tension headache?
- When should I seek help for my headaches?
- What tests are used to find out if I have migraine?
- Are women more prone to migraine headaches?
- How is a woman’s menstrual cycle related to migraine?
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Supplemental” may be used in conjunction with the slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and can be customized by inserting hospital-specific data.
This slide set addresses the reasons for health care workers to practice good hand hygiene and includes question and answer slides to be used in an interactive presentation.
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about skin cancer screening.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Skin cancer...
This fact sheet provides tips to help patients remember to take their blood pressure medications.
This Confusion Assessment Method (CAM) training manual has been designed to assist with the administration and coding of the CAM, and to provide supplementary information for interested clinical investigators.
The CAM improves the identification and recognition of delirium in geriatric patients. CAM enables non-psychiatrically trained clinicians to identify delirium quickly and accurately in both clinical and research settings on the basis of an interview with the patient that...
This pocket guide on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...