Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of breast cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about breast cancer
- Patient evaluation
- Contralateral disease
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Breast reconstruction
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This booklet explains what post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is, when it starts, how long it lasts, and how to get help.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Does this sound like you?
- PTSD is a real illness that needs to be treated
- What is PTSD?
- When does PTSD start and how long does it last?
- Am I the only person with this illness?
- What can I do to help myself?
- What can a doctor or counselor do...
This table is designed as a hypothesis-testing, teaching, and reference tool for physicians and researchers interested in drug interactions that are the result of competition for or effects on the human cytochrome P450 system.
This tool provides hyperlinks from drug names to specific literature references, most of which include a link to the abstract of the article in the National Library of Medicine’s PubMed database. Also, the PubMed link after the drug name may be clicked on to...
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is lupus?
- Who has lupus?
- What are the different types of lupus?
- What causes lupus?
- How is systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) diagnosed?
- What are flares?
- How is lupus treated?
- Is it safe for me to become pregnant?
- How can I tell the difference between symptoms of lupus and symptoms of pregnancy?
- How can I cope with the stress of having lupus?
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about ovarian cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Ovarian cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about ovarian cancer risk factors
- Interventions for ovarian cancer prevention
This Web page identifies drugs that prolong the QT interval and/or induce torsades de pointes ventricular arrhythmia.
This Web page provides links to view drug lists in the following categories:
- Drugs with risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs with possible risk of torsades de pointes
- Drugs to be avoided by congenital long-QT patients
- Drugs unlikely to cause torsades de pointes
Each list can be sorted by brand or generic name. Drugs are listed...
This brochure for people with diabetes emphasizes the importance of vaccinations against influenza (flu) and pneumonia. It also describes flu-related complications.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Preserve your life
- Consider these odds
- Take control
- Do I need a flu shot every year?
- Can a flu shot give me the flu?
- Does my family need flu shots too?
- Pneumonia: Another killer
- Where do I get a flu shot? ...
This patient education guide provides information for people recently diagnosed with lung cancer to help them understand their condition.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- A team approach
- Making the diagnosis
- Staging of cancer
- Clinical studies
- Living with lung cancer
This tool provides recommendations to ensure that children, adolescents, and adults displaced by a disaster are protected against vaccine-preventable diseases in accordance with current recommendations and to reduce the likelihood of outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases when living in large crowded group settings.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Recommended immunizations (if immunization records are and are not available)
- Children aged 10 years and...