Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This fact sheet outlines some conditions to be considered when providing health care to evacuees. Conditions are organized according to presenting symptoms and also alphabetically.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Presenting symptoms
- Altered mental status/central nervous system syndromes
- Fever with poorly localized signs
- Diarrheal illness
- Skin and soft tissue lesions and...
This tool allows you to calculate your body mass index (BMI), a measure of body fat based on height and weight that applies to both adult men and women.
The Body Mass Index (BMI) calculator allows you to enter your weight and height using Standard or Metric measures. Information is provided for assessing your risk for the health risks associated with overweight and obesity.
This summary provides patients with information about treatment for different types of breast cancer.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about breast cancer
- Stages of breast cancer
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Recurrent breast cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Treatment options for inflammatory breast cancer
- Treatment options for recurrent breast...
The National Inventory of Mental Health Quality Measures provides a searchable database of more than 300 process measures for assessment and improvement of mental health and substance abuse care. These measures have been developed by government agencies, researchers, professional organizations, accreditors, health systems, employer purchasers, consumer coalitions, and commercial vendors. Each measure is accompanied by a clinical rationale, numerator and denominator specifications and...
A safety checklist program can help administrators, coordinators, and teachers bring their schools into compliance with Federal or State Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. This information can also be used by colleges and universities with occupational safety and health programs. The checklists in this guide are based primarily on the regulations and standards of OSHA, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and other Federal agencies.
Derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Dyslipidemia, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, these algorithms will assist clinicians in screening, treating, and providing followup care for patients with dyslipidemia.
These algorithms include the following steps:
- Module A: Screening
- Module B: Initiation of therapy
- Module C: Followup treatment
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of Mycobacterium avium complex disease (MAC). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is MAC disease?
- Can children get MAC disease?
- What are the symptoms of MAC disease?
- How is MAC disease diagnosed?
- How do people get MAC disease?
- How can I avoid MAC disease?
This Web site offers information to cancer control planners, program staff, and researchers in order to assist them in achieving their goals:
- to reduce cancer risk
- to reduce the number of new cancer cases
- to reduce the number of deaths from cancer
- to enhance the quality of life for cancer survivors
While many share the same goals, all do not have easy access to resources that can facilitate the transfer of evidence-based research findings into...
This 40-page guide, written for primary care and mental health clinicians, provides information for incorporating alcohol screening and intervention into clinical practice. The guide addresses two methods for screening: a single question (about heavy drinking days) to be used during a clinical interview and a written self-report instrument.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- What’s the same, what’s new in the 2005 update
- Before you begin...
This table provides the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s previous and current recommendations for the initial hormonal management of androgen-sensitive metastatic, recurrent, or progressive prostate cancer.
This table provides the previous (2004) and current (2007) recommendations for the following topics:
- Is combined androgen blockade better than castration alone?
- Does early androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) improve outcomes over deferred therapy?