Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This 32-page guide provides a list of breast cancer resources, including organizations, documents, programs, and other resources.
The resources in this guide are arranged in the following categories:
- Risk factors
- Unchangeable risk factors
- Lifestyle-related risk factors
- Mammogram information
- Federal agencies and programs
- National organizations/programs
- State programs
- Community programs ...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for hepatitis C in adults.
Topics addressed include:
- What does the USPSTF recommend?
- How effective is screening for hepatitis C?
- Who may be at increased risk for hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection?
- How effective is treatment?
- What are the harms of screening for hepatitis C?
- What are the harms of treatment?
This tool provides links for downloading 14 campaign posters on respiratory hygiene tips for reducing the risk of infection. These posters are intended to promote respiratory hygiene to both clinical and general audiences in health care settings.
This series of fact sheets discusses some of the major side effects of anti-HIV medications. The information in this series is based on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents and Management of Metabolic Complications Associated with Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV-1 Infection: Recommendations of an International AIDS Society-USA Panel.
These fact sheets address...
This Web site provides patients and health care professionals with information about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including materials for public and professional outreach.
This Web site provides the following information for patients:
- What is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)?
- How does COPD affect breathing?
- Getting tested
- Taking action
- Am I at risk?
This four-page checklist was developed by the National Center for Cultural Competence as part of a series to assist organizations and systems of care in developing policies, structures, and practices that support cultural and linguistic competence. It focuses on systems of care and organizations concerned with the delivery of services and supports to children and youth with emotional, behavioral, and mental disorders and to their families.
This checklist addresses the following...
This fact sheet answers the following common questions about chlamydia:
- What is chlamydia and how common is it?
- How do you get chlamydia?
- What are the symptoms of chlamydia?
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Who should get tested for chlamydia?
- What is the treatment for chlamydia?
- What should I do if I have chlamydia?
- What health problems can result from untreated chlamydia?
- How can chlamydia be prevented?
- Links to...
This summary for patients addresses breast cancer treatment in women who are pregnant, nursing, or have just given birth.
The summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about breast cancer and pregnancy
- Stages of breast cancer
- Treatment option overview
- Treatment options by stage
- Early stage breast cancer (stage I and stage II)
- Late stage breast cancer (stage III and stage IV)
This fact sheet provides information about heart disease specific to African American women.
Topics addressed in this fact sheet include:
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Questions to ask your doctor
This brochure offers information to help patients recovering from a suicide attempt move ahead after their treatment in the emergency department and provides resources for more information about suicide and mental illness.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- After the emergency department
- Next steps: moving ahead and coping with future thoughts of suicide
- Create a safety plan
- Build a support system
- Learn to live again