Active care processes: diagnosis and treatment
This patient education guide provides information about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and important steps for better living for people diagnosed with the disease.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Living well with COPD
- What is COPD?
- Inside your lungs
- How COPD affects the body
- Causes of COPD
- Symptoms of COPD
- Making the diagnosis
- Important steps for better living with COPD
This 618-page report evaluates the evidence from randomized controlled trials addressing the efficacy of pharmacotherapy, as well as psychotherapy, and a number of other non-drug treatments in the treatment of bulimia nervosa.
This evidence report includes the following sections:
- Executive summary
- Bulimia nervosa
- Treatment options evaluated in this evidence report
- Previously published systematic reviews
- Practice standards and...
This toolkit presents strategies for comprehensively redesigning and transforming hospital care processes. It includes a discussion of the forces that compel health care systems to embark on redesign or system transformation, a series of steps to be taken in planning for redesign or system transformation, and strategies for translating information gathered into proposed projects for implementation.
This toolkit presents the following major topics:
- Forces that compel system...
This booklet for men can help answer questions about prostate changes that happen with age, such as:
- What are common prostate changes?
- How are these changes treated?
- What do I need to know about testing for prostate changes, including cancer?
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Introduction to the prostate
- Prostate changes that are not cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Talking to your doctor
- Types of tests ...
This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about testing for global developmental delay in children.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- How will the doctor notice any developmental delays?
- What causes global developmental delay?
- How will the doctor diagnose the cause of global developmental delay?
- Genetic, molecular, and metabolic tests
- Screening for other disorders
- Standard genetic testing (chromosome...
This guide provides travelers with information about visiting malaria-risk areas. It provides information on:
- Malaria and its symptoms
- Antimalarial drugs
- Pregnancy and travel
- Traveling with children to malaria-risk areas
- Preventing mosquito bites
This 18-page booklet provides concise, disease-specific nutrition information for physicians caring for older adults with the following conditions:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Congestive heart failure
- Coronary heart disease
- Diabetes mellitus
The guide provides nutritional screening parameters, treatment options, and outcome measures for...
This checklist is for providers treating patients with diabetes mellitus. It is based on the clinical practice guideline created by the Michigan Quality Improvement Consortium for the treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus, which applies to patients with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus and recommends specific interventions for periodic medical assessment, laboratory tests, and education to guide effective patient self-management.
Providers may use this checklist to keep track...
This interactive tool informs consumers about how some over-the-counter medicines may interact with prescription medicines.
The over-the-counter medications included are:
- Acid reducers
- Cough medicines
- Diet aids
- Nasal sprays
- Pain relievers
- Upset stomach/heartburn medicines
A legend is provided listing whether the selected medication has:
This slideshow summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by the American Society of Clinical Oncology on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer.
This slideshow addresses the following topics:
- Guideline methodology
- Guideline questions
- Can full axillary lymph node dissection be avoided in patients with negative findings on SNB?
- Is full axillary lymph node dissection necessary for all patients...