This interactive tool will send an e-mail message each year reminding you or someone you know to “Please schedule your mammogram today.” You can choose the month for delivery of the reminder.
To help determine whether noninvasive tests are sufficiently accurate to be appropriate for evaluation of women with an abnormal mammogram or exam finding, this report summarizes available data on the performance of these tests in the evaluation of women presenting with breast abnormalities that suggest the possibility of breast cancer.
The report addresses the following questions:
- What are the sensitivity and specificity of the tests for diagnosis of breast cancer in women...
The goal of this 87-page curriculum is to help health professionals and others who work with college students to identify and treat students who are at risk for or have alcohol-related problems. The methods presented are based on science and clinical experience and have been tested and used in a variety of settings. The protocols were specifically designed for busy, high-volume practices.
The curriculum is divided into the following teaching modules:
- Epidemiology and...
This tool is a two-page summary of three American Academy of Neurology guidelines on dementia. This summary focuses on Alzheimer’s disease (AD), for which current evidence is strongest and clearest.
This summary addresses the following practice parameters:
- Detection of dementia – Mild cognitive impairment
- Diagnosis of dementia
- Management of dementia
This summary also presents strategies to improve functional performance and reduce problem...
This toolkit provides resources for policymakers, health plans, and clinicians and addresses the gap between what can be delivered to children with special health care needs and what is actually received.
This toolkit includes the following sections:
- Foreword: Who are children with special needs?
- Improving quality for children with special needs
- The challenge of serving children with special needs
- Opportunities to enhance services for children with...
This tool kit provides information for clinicians on preventing fetal alcohol syndrome. It contains information on how to screen and advise patients about the risks of drinking while pregnant and encourages the use of effective contraception among patients who continue to engage in risky drinking behaviors.
The tool kit includes screening and brief intervention tools for the clinican and one-page patient education handouts for download.
Tool kit components include:...
This is an online training course to educate primary care providers about the importance of early detection and early intervention of adult-onset hemochromatosis.
The course contains eight modules:
- Clinical features
- Diagnostic testing
- Treatment and management
- Family-based detection
- Course summary
- Case studies
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
This pocket guide is condensed from Helping Patients Who Drink Too Much: A Clinician’s Guide, a 30-page guide prepared by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) . It is organized into the following sections, using flowchart or tabular format:
- How to screen for heavy drinking
- How to assess for alcohol use disorders
- How to conduct a brief intervention (for at-risk drinking and for alcohol use disorders)
- What’s a...