Preventive care processes
This tool presents organizational and individual stress prevention and management approaches for disaster response workers.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Organizational approaches for stress prevention and management
- Individual approaches for stress prevention and management
- Normal reactions to a disaster event
- Signs that you may need stress management assistance
- Ways to help manage your stress
The Diabetes Eye Examination Report is a one-page tool for medical providers to record eye examination results and plans of treatment for patients with diabetes.
This tool helps providers record the following information:
- Visual acuity
- Intraocular pressure
- Retinal examination findings
- Cataract limitations
- Glaucoma status
- Plans of treatment
This fact sheet provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Pap tests.
This fact sheet addresses the following questions about Pap tests:
- What is a Pap test?
- Why do I need a Pap test?
- Do all women need Pap tests?
- How often do I need to get a Pap test?
- Who does not need regular Pap tests?
- I had a hysterectomy. Do I still need Pap tests?
- How can I reduce my chances of getting cervical cancer?
- What should I...
This brochure offers people with AIDS tips on how to avoid foodborne illnesses.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Bacteria and food poisoning
- Shopping for food
- At home
- Eating out
- Traveling abroad
The On-Time Quality Improvement for Long-Term Care program is designed to improve day-to-day practice in nursing homes, improve and redesign workflow, enrich work culture, and reduce pressure ulcers.
The program contains the following tools available for download:
- Frequently asked questions
- Case studies
- Sample weekly monitoring reports
- Process improvement discussion guide
- Quick tips for clinical reports
- Sample certified...
This interactive algorithm on acute stress reaction (ASR) is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Post Traumatic Stress, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense.
This algorithm addresses the following topics:
- Trauma exposure
- Screen for ASR
- Dangerousness to self or others
- Obtain assessment of medical and functional status based on general appearance and screening...
This tool will help children and parents choose the right snacks in order to prevent tooth decay.
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- What’s wrong with sugary snacks, anyway?
- How do sugars attack your teeth?
- How can I “snack smart” to protect myself from tooth decay?
- Snack Smart food list
- Note to parents
This summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about colorectal cancer screening.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- Summary of evidence
- Evidence of benefit
- Fecal occult blood test (FOBT)
- Newer FOBTs: Nonrandomized controlled trial evidence
- Combination of FOBT and flexible sigmoidoscopy ...
The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need.
Web site topics/features include:
- Beyond the shock - A step by step guide to understanding the diagnosis of breast cancer
- Library - Tools and resources to learn about breast cancer
- Signs and symptoms
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) in African Americans and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam