Preventive care processes
This fact sheet addresses the importance of a Pap test and pelvic exam.
This fact sheet provides answers to the following questions on Pap tests and pelvic exams:
- What is a Pap test?
- What is a pelvic exam?
- Why are a Pap test and pelvic exam important?
- Who performs a Pap test?
- How is a Pap test done?
- How often should a woman have a Pap test?
- When should the Pap test be done?
- How are the results of a Pap test reported?...
This brochure offers suggestions for preventing falls at home.
The brochure addresses the following topics:
- Hallways and stairs
This 32-page guide provides a list of breast cancer resources, including organizations, documents, programs, and other resources.
The resources in this guide are arranged in the following categories:
- Risk factors
- Unchangeable risk factors
- Lifestyle-related risk factors
- Mammogram information
- Federal agencies and programs
- National organizations/programs
- State programs
- Community programs ...
The Emory University Reynolds Program has established the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Pocket Card to be used as a teaching module reference for providers caring for geriatric patients.
This pocket card addresses the following topics:
- Basics in Geriatrics “Big 10” - 10 principles that differentiate the care of older patients from other patient populations
- Recommendations for Geriatric Assessment - a chart plotting the Big...
This fact sheet, part of The Heart Truth campaign, provides key steps to help women in managing heart disease.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- What is heart disease?
- Screening tests
- Stress test
- Nuclear scan
- Coronary angiography
- Intracoronary ultrasound
- Risk factors
- Making lifestyle changes
This summary provides information to health care professionals on skin cancer prevention including:
- Skin cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about skin cancer risk factors
- Interventions for skin cancer prevention
- Benefits and harms of interventions to prevent skin cancer
This tool presents organizational and individual stress prevention and management approaches for disaster response workers.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Organizational approaches for stress prevention and management
- Individual approaches for stress prevention and management
- Normal reactions to a disaster event
- Signs that you may need stress management assistance
- Ways to help manage your stress
This online resource guide provides patient information about glaucoma. It answers questions about causes and symptoms and discusses diagnosis and types of treatment.
This resource guide includes the following information:
- Glaucoma defined
- Causes and risk factors
- Symptoms and detection
- Current research
- More information
This 42-page guide for women presents healthy behaviors to prevent and manage the many health conditions that can affect them. The guide addresses the following topics:
- Recommended screenings and immunizations for women at average risk for most diseases and those at high-risk for specific diseases
- Medicare-covered preventive services
- Healthy heart and stroke prevention
- Warning signs of heart attack and stroke
- Healthy bones
- Breast cancer...
This tool is designed to help clinicians implement the National Cholesterol Education Program’s clinical guidelines for cholesterol testing and management. Based on the Third Report of the Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel or ATP III), the Quick Desk Reference outlines cholesterol management in a sequence of easy-to-follow steps. Steps include:
- Step 1: Determine lipoprotein levels: obtain complete...