Patient Care Process
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
Healthy People 2010 is a set of health objectives for the Nation to achieve over the first decade of the new century. It challenges individuals, communities, and professionals to take specific steps to ensure that good health, as well as long life, are enjoyed by all. The framework can be used by States, communities, professional organizations, and many others to help them develop programs to improve health.
The Web site includes the following information and resources:
This fact sheet provides information about tuberculosis for international travelers.
The fact sheet answer the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Are international travelers at risk for getting MDR or XDR TB while...
The National HIV/AIDS Program Image Library contains more than 200 images of clinical symptoms of HIV infection. Images can be downloaded, printed, archived, and distributed, free of charge, as long as appropriate credit is given to the original image contributors.
Images are organized in the following categories:
- HIV-related cancers
- Opportunistic infections
- Treatment complications ...
FluWorkLoss 1.0 is a spreadsheet software tool that estimates the potential number of days lost from work due to an influenza pandemic. Users can change almost any input value, such as the number of workdays assumed lost when a worker becomes ill or the number of workdays lost due to a worker staying home to care for a family member. Users can also change the length and virulence of the pandemic so that a range of possible impacts can be estimated. FluWorkLoss provides a range of estimates...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about AML
- AML with characteristic genetic abnormalities
- AML with an FLT3 mutation
- AML with multilineage dysplasia
- Therapy-related AMLs and...
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...
The American Academy of Neurology guideline summary provides patients and their families with information about tests that help physicians identify the cause of status epilepticus in children.
The guideline summary is organized into the following sections:
- What is a seizure?
- What is status epilepticus (SE)?
- Diagnosing the cause of SE
- Laboratory tests
- Metabolic and genetic testing
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions