Patient Care Process
This form is used to standardize information transferred between acute care hospitals and skilled nursing facilities throughout the four-county northeastern Ohio region. It may be adapted for use in other areas. It includes information on medications, activities of daily living, orders, and special care needs.
This is an online training course to educate primary care providers about the importance of early detection and early intervention of adult-onset hemochromatosis.
The course contains eight modules:
- Clinical features
- Diagnostic testing
- Treatment and management
- Family-based detection
- Course summary
- Case studies
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database
This consumer-oriented Web site provides information about low vision.
The site includes the following sections:
- Do you have low vision? (self-assessment quiz)
- What you should know
- Living with low vision
- Low vision FAQs
- Low vision glossary
- Helping a loved one
This information is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet provides information about multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB). It is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Who is at risk for getting MDR TB?
- How can MDR TB be prevented?
The Health Insurer Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist identifies important, targeted activities health insurers can do now to prepare for a pandemic. This checklist is organized according to business-related, employee-related, and communications-related activities.
The checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Plan for the impact of an influenza pandemic on your business.
- Plan for the impact of an influenza pandemic on your employees and establish...
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.
This tool is a collection of fact sheets on drug abuse and addiction.
These fact sheets are organized in the following categories:
- Effects of drug abuse
- Health effects of specific drugs
- Prevention and treatment
- Survey data
This brochure includes information about group B strep (GBS) and steps that pregnant women can take before they go into labor and when their water breaks to prevent their baby from being infected with GBS.
- What is GBS?
- Being a carrier for these bacteria does not mean you have an infection.
- Ask your doctor for a GBS test when you are 35 to 37 weeks pregnant.
- The antibiotic is only given during labor.
- What you can do before...
The Roadmaps for Clinical Practice Series: Assessment and Management of Adult Obesity Primer is designed to offer practical recommendations for addressing adult obesity in the primary care setting. The primer includes 10 booklets plus clinical tools and patient handouts.
The primer offers practical advice on:
- Evaluating patients for current and potential health risks related to weight—beginning with a measure of the body mass index (BMI)