Patient Care Process
This slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Supplemental” may be used in conjunction with the slide set “Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings - Core” and can be customized by inserting hospital-specific data.
This slide set addresses the reasons for health care workers to practice good hand hygiene and includes question and answer slides to be used in an interactive presentation.
This Web page features an interactive tool, designed for use by health professionals, to estimate a woman’s 5-year and lifetime risk of developing invasive breast cancer. Patients who use the tool are encouraged to discuss the results of this assessment and their personal risk of breast cancer with their health care professional.
In addition to the tool, this Web page includes the following information:
- About the tool
- Explaining the questions used in the tool...
This fact sheet can be used by health care providers to educate their patients about the importance of calcium consumption in children and teenagers.
This fact sheet is part of Milk Matters, a public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among tweens and teens, especially during the ages of 11 to 15, a time of critical bone growth.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- How does pediatric bone...
This tool provides information about how to keep food and water safe after a natural disaster or power outage. It is organized into the following sections:
- Identify and throw away food that may not be safe to eat
- Storing food safely
- Feeding infants and young children
- Clean and sanitize food-contact surfaces
- Related resources
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about breast cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Breast cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about breast cancer risk factors
- Interventions for breast cancer prevention
- Benefits and harms of interventions to prevent breast cancer
This tool provides immunization information relevant to American Indian and Alaska Native populations.
This tool discusses the following topics:
- Why immunize our children
- Vaccines can prevent these diseases
- Where immunizations are provided
- Vaccination coverage levels
- Links to brochure and posters
- Links to government sites
These tools provide information about science-based interventions that use motivational incentives (low- or no-cost reinforcements such as vouchers, prizes, and privileges) to help reduce drug use and enhance client retention in treatment programs.
The tool kit includes the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Support materials
- For program administrators
- Sample policy and...
- For program administrators
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...
The SBAR (Situation-Background-Assessment-Recommendation) technique and tools provide a framework for communication between members of the health care team about a patient’s condition. SBAR is an easy-to-remember, concrete mechanism for framing any conversation requiring a clinician’s immediate attention and action. Free registration and login are required to download the tool.
This tool includes two components:
- SBAR report to physician about a critical situation:...