Patient Care Process
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about breast cancer prevention.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Breast cancer incidence and mortality statistics and information about breast cancer risk factors
- Interventions for breast cancer prevention
- Benefits and harms of interventions to prevent breast cancer
This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about testing for global developmental delay in children.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- How will the doctor notice any developmental delays?
- What causes global developmental delay?
- How will the doctor diagnose the cause of global developmental delay?
- Genetic, molecular, and metabolic tests
- Screening for other disorders
- Standard genetic testing (chromosome...
This Web page features an interactive tool, designed for use by health professionals, to estimate a woman’s 5-year and lifetime risk of developing invasive breast cancer. Patients who use the tool are encouraged to discuss the results of this assessment and their personal risk of breast cancer with their health care professional.
In addition to the tool, this Web page includes the following information:
- About the tool
- Explaining the questions used in the tool...
This fact sheet can be used by health care providers to educate their patients about the importance of calcium consumption in children and teenagers.
This fact sheet is part of Milk Matters, a public health education campaign to promote calcium consumption among tweens and teens, especially during the ages of 11 to 15, a time of critical bone growth.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- How does pediatric bone...
The Bright Futures for Women’s Health and Wellness (BFWHW) initiative is a project of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Office of Women’s Health. The mission of BFWHW is to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate a variety of culturally competent consumer, provider, and community-based products for all women across their lifespan—including underserved and minority women. The Bright Futures materials help to promote women’s...
This tool provides immunization information relevant to American Indian and Alaska Native populations.
This tool discusses the following topics:
- Why immunize our children
- Vaccines can prevent these diseases
- Where immunizations are provided
- Vaccination coverage levels
- Links to brochure and posters
- Links to government sites
This 64-page booklet, based on the Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) research findings, tells about high blood pressure and how to follow the DASH eating plan to reduce the amount of sodium you consume. It offers tips on how to start and stay on the eating plan, as well as a week of menus and some recipes.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is high blood pressure?
- Blood pressure levels for adults
- What is the DASH eating...
These tools provide information about science-based interventions that use motivational incentives (low- or no-cost reinforcements such as vouchers, prizes, and privileges) to help reduce drug use and enhance client retention in treatment programs.
The tool kit includes the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Support materials
- For program administrators
- Sample policy and...
- For program administrators
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties
This fact sheet provides information about extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB). It is also available in Spanish, Chinese, French, and Italian. This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is XDR TB?
- How is XDR TB spread?
- Why is XDR TB so serious?
- Who is at risk for getting XDR TB?
- How can I prevent myself from getting TB?
- Can the TB vaccine (BCG) help prevent XDR TB?
- If I have regular (drug-susceptible) TB, how...