Patient Care Process
This checklist from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) lists all the elements that should be reported in each HER2 (Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2) status report. The checklists include both types of HER2 testing methods—immunohistochemistry (IHC) and fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH).
The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) provides many publications produced by staff members or by other National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR) grantees intended for use by the public.
Publications from this tool are organized as follows:
- RehabWire: A semi-monthly newsletter featuring NIDRR research projects and documents on specific topics
- NARIC information brochures: 10 free brochures listing librarian-...
The American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) convened an expert panel to conduct a systematic review of the literature available through February 2004 on the use of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SNB) in early-stage breast cancer. This three-page tool summarizes the guideline recommendations developed by ASCO.
This guideline summary addresses the following topics:
- How should the results of SNB be utilized in clinical practice? Can full axillary lymph...
This fact sheet presents highlights of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) recommendations on screening for prostate cancer.
Topics addressed include:
- Does the USPSTF recommend prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer screening?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer screening?
- How effective is prostate cancer treatment?
- What are the potential harms of prostate cancer treatment?
- What should...
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is PCP?
- How do I know if I have PCP?
- How do you catch PCP?
- How can I protect myself from PCP?
- I was vaccinated for pneumonia. Won't that protect me against PCP?
- When should I start...
Derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline Management of Dyslipidemia, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, these algorithms will assist clinicians in screening, treating, and providing followup care for patients with dyslipidemia.
These algorithms include the following steps:
- Module A: Screening
- Module B: Initiation of therapy
- Module C: Followup treatment
This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
The Manager’s Kit includes all of the resources businesses need to build comprehensive HIV/AIDS workplace programs. The kit, which is available in English and Spanish, reviews the five components of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Business/Labor Responds to AIDS (BRTA/LRTA) program and enables managers to perform the following functions:
- Develop HIV/AIDS policies for their workplaces
- Train managers to conduct HIV/AIDS workshops
- Educate staff/...
The National Breast Cancer Foundation’s mission is to save lives by increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and by providing mammograms for those in need.
Web site topics/features include:
- Beyond the shock - A step by step guide to understanding the diagnosis of breast cancer
- Library - Tools and resources to learn about breast cancer
- Signs and symptoms
This key points card on outpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD...