Patient Care Process
Patients can use this form to keep track of all their medicines and supplements. Patients are encouraged to show it to their doctors and pharmacist at each visit and ask them to check for unnecessary duplications or medicines that could interact to cause harm.
This form includes the following fields to be completed by the patient:
- Name of medicine or product
- How much do I take?
- When and how do I take it?
- Why do I take it?
This fact sheet provides information to consumers about the risk factors and symptoms of diabetes.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Am I at risk of getting diabetes?
- What are some signs and symptoms of diabetes?
Free registration is required to access this tool.
This fact sheet addresses the assessment of overweight in children and provides recommendations for getting help.
This fact sheet includes the following sections:
- Overweight or not?
- Getting help losing weight
- What to expect at the doctor’s office
- Body mass index (BMI)-for-age example
- What to do when a child is overweight
- Spotting eating disorders
- Treating eating disorders
- Warning signs
- Moving toward a healthy...
The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent and Reduce Underage Drinking has tools needed to take action against underage drinking. It explains why underage alcohol use is a major public health and safety issue and the damage it can do. It also suggests ways to end underage drinking in communities and across the country.
This Microsoft ® Excel spreadsheet can be used to calculate the use of hand-sterilizing alcohol per 100 patient days as a means to evaluate and improve hand hygiene practices. The spreadsheet collects data on the use of wall-mounted and pocket-sized, alcohol-based hand rubs.
This spreadsheet allows users to collect the following information:
- Number of large cans or bottles used throughout unit
- Grams per large can or bottle used throughout unit...
This key points card on outpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD...
This booklet was created to help children and their families feel more at ease with the organ transplantation process by providing general information in an understandable format.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is an organ?
- What do organs do?
- Where do organs come from?
- Your transplant team
- Questions you may have
- When it is your turn to receive a new organ
- When you go home
- If you’ve had to miss school...
This summary provides patients with information on treatment options for colon cancer.
This summary addresses the following topics:
- General information about colon cancer
- Stages of colon cancer
- Recurrent colon cancer
- Treatment options overview
- Treatment options for colon cancer
- Stage 0 colon cancer
- Stage I colon cancer
- Stage II colon cancer
- Stage III colon cancer
- Stage IV and...
This tool offers suggestions to help consumers stay safe during the holiday season.
It addresses the following topics:
- Toys and gifts
- Older adults
- Food and cooking
- Alcohol, parties, and driving
This brochure offers suggestions to help patients improve the quality of their dental care.
This brochure presents the following five steps:
- Be an active member of your dental care team
- Tell your dentist about medical problems, medications, allergies, or bad reactions you have had in the past
- Talk openly with your dentist and the dental team about your care and treatment choices
- Make sure that when you need dental care, you and the dentist agree on...