Setting of Care
This Web site provides access to public service announcements (PSAs) and podcasts on topics related to hurricane safety. Users can download PSAs and podcasts directly from the site or subscribe to receive a different hurricane podcast each week during hurricane season. The site includes scripts for all messages, as well as audio files for most. Some messages are also available in video and/or American Sign Language format. All messages are also available in Spanish.
This form is used to standardize information transferred between acute care hospitals and skilled nursing facilities throughout the four-county northeastern Ohio region. It may be adapted for use in other areas. It includes information on medications, activities of daily living, orders, and special care needs.
The Roadmaps for Clinical Practice Series: Assessment and Management of Adult Obesity Primer is designed to offer practical recommendations for addressing adult obesity in the primary care setting. The primer includes 10 booklets plus clinical tools and patient handouts.
The primer offers practical advice on:
- Evaluating patients for current and potential health risks related to weight—beginning with a measure of the body mass index (BMI)
These tools provide information about science-based interventions that use motivational incentives (low- or no-cost reinforcements such as vouchers, prizes, and privileges) to help reduce drug use and enhance client retention in treatment programs.
The tool kit includes the following materials:
- PowerPoint presentations
- Support materials
- For program administrators
- Sample policy and...
- For program administrators
This consumer-oriented Web site provides information about low vision.
The site includes the following sections:
- Do you have low vision? (self-assessment quiz)
- What you should know
- Living with low vision
- Low vision FAQs
- Low vision glossary
- Helping a loved one
This information is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet provides information for pregnant women who have tested positive for group B streptococcus (GBS) on how to protect their babies during pregnancy, when their water breaks or labor begins, and after the baby is born. It also includes GBS symptoms that babies may exhibit.
This brochure provides soldiers with information about serious forms of deployment-related stress problems. It also provides some general guidance on where to get assistance if they think they may be experiencing any of these problems.
- An overview of deployment-related stress
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Acute stress disorder
- Adjustment disorders
- Combat/operational stress reactions
This fact sheet provides information about multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB). It is also available in Spanish.
This fact sheet answers the following questions:
- What is tuberculosis (TB)?
- What is multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR TB)?
- What is extensively drug resistant tuberculosis (XDR TB)?
- How is TB spread?
- How does drug resistance happen?
- Who is at risk for getting MDR TB?
- How can MDR TB be prevented?
This brochure for Veterans Administration (VA) health care providers describes secondary prevention activities for patients with HIV.
This brochure answers the following questions:
- What is secondary HIV prevention?
- What are the goals of secondary HIV prevention?
- Who in VA medical centers, clinics, and Vet Centers can conduct secondary HIV prevention activities?
- Why should VA health care providers practice secondary HIV prevention activities with...
SNAP (School Network for Absenteeism Prevention) is a grassroots, education-based effort to improve health by making hand cleaning an integral part of the school day.
The SNAP toolkit is organized into the following sections:
- About the SNAP program
- Clean hands: A critical issue
- Getting real and making it happen
- Integrating hand cleaning into the curriculum
- Step-by-step project planning guide
- About the National Recognition Program...