Setting of Care
The Toxic Substances Portal gives access to the best science, the latest research, and the most important information about toxic substances and how they affect health including:
- Exposure risks
- Associated health effects
- Related Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry health studies and assessments
This toolkit can help hospitals implement a standardized color-coded wristband system, using Arizona's model. In 2006, Arizona hospitals began a Statewide initiative to use color-coded wristbands to help hospital workers identify at-risk patients, including those who have do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders, allergies, or who are at risk for falls. Since many health care workers practice at more than one hospital, standardized wristband colors help them avoid confusion and possible medical error...
Long-term care and other residential facilities can use this tool to self-assess the strengths and weaknesses of their pandemic influenza planning efforts.
This checklist is divided into the following sections:
- Structure for planning and decisionmaking
- Development of a written pandemic influenza plan
- Elements of an influenza pandemic plan
The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable database of interventions for the prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders.
- Using NREPP
- History of NREPP and recent changes
- Types of interventions included in NREPP
- Mental health promotion
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse prevention
- Substance abuse treatment
- Co-occurring disorders
- What is...
This toolkit was created to assist States and health care facilities facing legislative mandates to publicly report health care-associated infections by providing guidance on components necessary for a meaningful reporting system. It details recommended steps, including the identification or creation of a responsible agency at the State level, personnel for data collection and quality improvement, strategies to prevent unintended consequences of public reporting, and recommended outcome...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
The summary includes the following information:
- Incidence and risk factors
- Cellular classification
- Prognostic variables
- Treatment options
- Treatment considerations for certain ALL childhood subgroups
Through this 4-week program, patients with complex care needs receive specific tools, are supported by a “transition coach,” and learn self-management skills to ensure their needs are met during the transition from hospital to home.
The tool kit includes the following:
- Intervention tools
- Protocol manual
- Discharge preparation checklist
- Personal health record
- Sample transition coach charting form
- Coach database
The VERB Web site offers many interactive features that will help “tweens” get active. It offers fun games, interesting facts, photo journals, and blogs.
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information about ALL
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Standard treatment options for remission induction therapy ...
This planning tool helps hospitals predict the pattern of casualty severity and their capacity to provide care after a mass casualty event.
This tool includes the following sections:
- Predicting triage severity
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for critical casualties
- Predicting hospital capacity to care for noncritical casualties