Setting of Care
This fact sheet provides information about heart disease specific to African American women.
Topics addressed in this fact sheet include:
- Risk factors for heart disease
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Physical inactivity
- Questions to ask your doctor
This guide for parents contains highlights from the report A Call to Action: Changing the Culture of Drinking at U.S. Colleges . It can help parents choose a college for their son or daughter, better understand campus culture, and get help for a student with an alcohol-related problem.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- A snapshot of annual high-risk college drinking consequences
- Parents: A primary influence
- Parents of a high school...
This tool suggests activities to help children, following exposure to a disaster or traumatic event, share recovery feelings and experiences at home.
This tool presents at-home interventions for parents to engage in with their children. Interventions are provided for children in the following age groups:
- Elementary age children
- Preadolescents and adolescents
This Web site, hosted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), provides information to consumers about health-related issues of current interest to the general public.
The Web site is categorized as follows:
- Medical devices
- Biologics, blood, and vaccines
- Animal and veterinary
- Radiation-emitting products
- Dietary supplements
- Seasonal topics
- Cross-cutting topics
- News from FDA
This guide will help people with HIV infection prevent illness by preparing food and drinks properly. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- Why should I be careful about food and water?
- What illnesses caused by germs in food and water do people with HIV commonly get?
- Do only people with HIV get these illnesses?
- Are these illnesses the same in people with HIV as in other people?
- If I have HIV, can...
This algorithm is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Diabetes Mellitus, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). It is intended to:
- Promote evidence-based management of individuals with diabetes
- Identify the critical decision points in management of patients with diabetes mellitus, such as glycemic control, evaluation of the eyes and feet, and co-morbid conditions (e.g....
This self assessment is a comprehensive tool designed to help health care providers and their staff assess the safety of medication practices in their pharmacy, identify opportunities for improvement, and compare their experience with the aggregate experiences of demographically similar community pharmacies around the Nation.
It is divided into the following 10 elements:
- Patient information
- Drug information
- Communication of drug orders...
This tool, part of The Heart Truth Campaign, presents 10 recommendations for women’s heart health.
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Cellular classification
- Clinical presentation
- Stage information
- Treatment options
This Web page contains children’s environmental health tips for every day in October, in observance of Children’s Health Month. These tips and related resources introduce prevention activities to keep children safe at home and at school.