Setting of Care
This patient education guide provides information for people diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The information presented will help patients understand their condition in order to cope with the effects that the disease has on their body.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- What is IPF?
- Symptoms of IPF
- What are the causes of IPF?
- Who gets IPF?
- How is IPF diagnosed?
- Treatment for IPF
The National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC) is an information dissemination service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). NDDIC was established to increase knowledge and understanding about digestive diseases among people with these conditions and their families, health care professionals, and the general public. To carry out this mission, NDDIC works closely with a coordinating panel of representatives from Federal agencies,...
This chart enables women to record their basal (resting) body temperature to help them know their fertility pattern and see the changes from month to month.
To use this chart, women can do the following:
- Plot their basal body temperature on the graph for each day of their menstrual cycle
- Connect the dots from day to day to see a pattern, enabling them over time to see when they tend to ovulate
This 15-page booklet provides information about breastfeeding to help American Indian and Alaska Native women.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for infants, mothers, the community, and the future
- Is breastfeeding easy?
- How do I get started?
- Answers to frequently asked questions about breastfeeding
- Where can I go for help?
- Summary of information for breastfeeding success
Medical errors can occur at many points in the health care system, particularly in hospitals. This 2-page fact sheet provides the following 10 tips that hospitals can implement to improve patient safety:
- Assess and improve patient safety culture (by surveying unit staff)
- Build teamwork (by improving staff communication)
- Limit shifts for hospital staff, if possible
- Insert chest tubes safely
- Prevent central line-related bloodstream infections...
Patients can use this form to keep track of all their medicines and supplements. Patients are encouraged to show it to their doctors and pharmacist at each visit and ask them to check for unnecessary duplications or medicines that could interact to cause harm.
This form includes the following fields to be completed by the patient:
- Name of medicine or product
- How much do I take?
- When and how do I take it?
- Why do I take it?
This guide for parents contains highlights from the report A Call to Action: Changing the Culture of Drinking at U.S. Colleges . It can help parents choose a college for their son or daughter, better understand campus culture, and get help for a student with an alcohol-related problem.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- A snapshot of annual high-risk college drinking consequences
- Parents: A primary influence
- Parents of a high school...
This tool suggests activities to help children, following exposure to a disaster or traumatic event, share recovery feelings and experiences at home.
This tool presents at-home interventions for parents to engage in with their children. Interventions are provided for children in the following age groups:
- Elementary age children
- Preadolescents and adolescents
This questionnaire provides patients with information about managing their arthritis.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Getting the care you need
- Talking to your doctor
- Taking your medicine
- Your body signs
- Taking care of yourself
- Dealing with stress
This guide will help people with HIV infection prevent illness by preparing food and drinks properly. This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- Why should I be careful about food and water?
- What illnesses caused by germs in food and water do people with HIV commonly get?
- Do only people with HIV get these illnesses?
- Are these illnesses the same in people with HIV as in other people?
- If I have HIV, can...