Setting of Care
This brochure for people with diabetes addresses the importance of blood sugar control and describes two tests that determine blood sugar level.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Keeping your blood sugar in control will help you in many ways
- Two important tests tell you if your blood sugar is at a healthy level:
- HbA1C or A1C
- The finger-stick test
- What to ask your doctor, nurse, or dietitian
- What to check when you...
This 58-page pocket guide is provided as an information resource to assist physicians and other health professionals in the appropriate treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS. This pocket guide supports A Guide to Primary Care of People with HIV/AIDS, 2004 Edition , and provides an easy reference for point-of-care decisionmaking.
The guide includes the following information:
- Drug information tables
- Adult antiretroviral therapy tables
This interactive tool is used for identifying, tracking, analyzing, and comparing statistics on hospital care. It is part of the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP). With HCUPnet, users have easy access to national statistics and trends and selected State statistics about hospital stays. HCUPnet generates statistics using data from the Nationwide Inpatient Sample (NIS), the Kids’ Inpatient Database (KID), and State Inpatient Databases (SID) for States that participate. HCUPnet...
This one-page flier is intended for parents and contains information about protecting children from sun exposure.
This one-page tool, in Microsoft(r) Word format, uses the colors of a stoplight to guide patients in managing their asthma symptoms. The tool is divided into green (“all clear”), yellow (“caution”), and red (“medical alert”) zones. For each zone, the tool provides signs and symptoms and allows the health care provider to give specific instructions for managing the condition, including guidance on when to seek emergency medical assistance.
This chart enables women to record their basal (resting) body temperature to help them know their fertility pattern and see the changes from month to month.
To use this chart, women can do the following:
- Plot their basal body temperature on the graph for each day of their menstrual cycle
- Connect the dots from day to day to see a pattern, enabling them over time to see when they tend to ovulate
Smokefree.gov provides information and professional assistance to support those who want to quit smoking.
The Web site allows users to choose the help that best fits their needs. Available assistance includes:
- An online step-by-step cessation guide
- Local and State telephone quitlines
- National Cancer Institute (NCI’s) national telephone quitline
- NCI’s instant messaging service
- Publications, which may be downloaded, printed, or ordered ...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the classification and treatment of adult brain tumors. This tool is available in English and Spanish.
This tool is organized into the following sections:
- General information
- Treatment option overview
- Brain stem gliomas
- Pineal astrocytic tumors
- Pilocytic astrocytomas
This Web site provides consumers with detailed information about the past performance of every Medicare- and Medicaid-certified nursing home in the country. Other resources are available at the site to help consumers with their nursing home choices.
This Web site includes the following sections:
- Find–Search for nursing homes by:
- ZIP code
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) provides leadership in aging research, training, health information dissemination, and other programs relevant to aging and older people.This Web site includes the following:
- Publications: Information and tips on healthy aging, care giving, medications, dietary supplements, and diseases
- Clinical trials: Federally and privately supported clinical research with human volunteers
- Related sites: A list of National Institutes of...