Setting of Care
This interactive tool allows parents to view developmental milestones for children at various ages, between 2 months and 5 years.
This tool provides information on milestones in the following categories:
- Social and emotional
- Hand and finger skills
- Hearing and speech
This tool will help Medicare beneficiaries learn more about the new Medicare prescription drug coverage and enable them to find and compare prescription drug plans that meet their personal needs.
This tool enables users to:
- Find a Medicare prescription drug plan
- Enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan
- View their current plan
- Learn more about drug coverage options
- Learn more about plans in their area
- Learn about important coverage...
This free, online tool from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) calculates how health care quality can affect the productivity and absenteeism of employees and affords employers and health care purchasers the opportunity to see how quality care can impact their company’s bottom line.
The Quality Dividend Calculator 2008 estimates the absenteeism, lost productivity, and related expenses that result from a specific set of chronic conditions: asthma, diabetes, heart...
This 19-page guide presents information to help older adults avoid problems with medication use.
This guide addresses the following topics:
- Aging and health: You and your medicines
- Talk to your health care professionals
- What you need to know about your prescription medicines
- Taking prescription medicines
- Taking over-the-counter medicines
- Cutting medicine costs
- Tips for seniors on safe medicine use
- My medicine record...
This tool addresses common questions about migraine headaches including:
- What is a migraine headache?
- What causes migraine?
- Are there different kinds of migraine?
- How does a migraine headache differ from a tension headache?
- When should I seek help for my headaches?
- What tests are used to find out if I have migraine?
- Are women more prone to migraine headaches?
- How is a woman’s menstrual cycle related to migraine?
This booklet is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
The booklet includes the following information:
- What is SMA?
- What causes SMA?
- Diagnosing SMA
- Prognosis…what does it mean? What are we to expect?
- I am a carrier of the SMA gene…what can I do?
- How Families of SMA can help
This 36-page guidebook, part of the You Can! Steps to Healthier Aging Campaign, will help community organizations increase the number of older people who stay active and healthy by implementing a simple 12-week nutrition and walking program.
The guidebook addresses the following topics:
- Setting up your program
- Week 1:
- Eat better for health
- Orientation and enrollment
- Week 2:
- Move more for health
- Orientation to step...
This tool gives patients guidance for managing their asthma with specific instructions from their physicians. It provides a traffic light-themed algorithm to help patients determine when to use preventive medications only (green), add quick relief medications (yellow), and call the physician (red).
The one-page tool provides space for the health care provider to record the following information:
- Asthma triggers
- Personal best peak flow
- Peak flow ranges...
The On-Time Quality Improvement for Long-Term Care program is designed to improve day-to-day practice in nursing homes, improve and redesign workflow, enrich work culture, and reduce pressure ulcers.
The program contains the following tools available for download:
- Frequently asked questions
- Case studies
- Sample weekly monitoring reports
- Process improvement discussion guide
- Quick tips for clinical reports
- Sample certified...
This report explores the topic of effective individual risk management in community-based services among States engaged in risk planning for Medicaid home- and community-based services (HCBS) waiver participants. Administrators from 11 State operating agencies, representing a range of waiver types and geographic areas, were interviewed for this report. These agencies served at least one of four waiver populations (the elderly, people with physical disabilities, people with mental retardation...