This two-page flow sheet provides structured documentation for the assessment of patients with asthma and assists providers in embedding guidelines into daily practice.
The flow sheet includes fields for recording the following information:
- Vital signs and lung function tests
- Current symptoms
- Recent daytime symptoms
- Recent nighttime symptoms
- B2-agonist use
- ER visits
- Missed school
- Home peak flow rates
This tool, developed by the American Academy of Neurology, provides guidelines that summarize the best research on recognizing, diagnosing, and providing treatment options for people with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- How can you recognize Alzheimer’s disease?
- How does a doctor diagnose Alzheimer’s disease?
- What are the treatment and care options available today?
- Where can you find more resources?...
This 32-page booklet will help patients and their health care providers plan ways to control asthma.
This booklet addresses the following topics:
- What is asthma?
- Why does asthma happen?
- Work with your health care provider
- How to use a peak flow meter
- Asthma diary
- Asthma action plan
- Asthma medicine
- How to take asthma medicines
- Asthma attacks can be dangerous
- Follow your asthma action plan
This 39-page workbook will help State leaders develop the information needed to support quality improvement efforts for asthma-related health care. The written exercises help users begin to think about effective partnerships, assembly of State data, questions to raise about interpretation of the data, and quality improvement techniques.
The following modules are presented in this workbook:
- Module 1: Making the case for asthma care quality improvement
- Assess the...
This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of cryptosporidiosis (crypto). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is crypto?
- What are the symptoms of crypto?
- How does crypto affect someone with AIDS or HIV?
- How is crypto spread?
- Can crypto be treated?
- How can I protect myself from crypto?
This one-page flow sheet assists providers in scheduling followup care for patients with colon cancer. It enables providers to record the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Dates and values of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) testing
- Target dates for counseling visits, computed tomography (CT) scans, and colonoscopy
This form may be used by patients either at home or during their office visit to plan their self-management goals for managing their chronic illness.
Free registration is required.
This workbook is a learning tool for all State officials who want to improve the quality of health care. In conjunction with the Resource Guide, which uses State-level data on diabetes care from the 2003 National Healthcare Quality Report, this workbook is designed to help States assess the quality of care in their States and fashion quality improvement strategies suited to State conditions.
This workbook takes users through a series of written exercises that will help them begin to...
This tool was developed to give parents and caregivers information about testing for global developmental delay in children.
This tool addresses the following questions:
- How will the doctor notice any developmental delays?
- What causes global developmental delay?
- How will the doctor diagnose the cause of global developmental delay?
- Genetic, molecular, and metabolic tests
- Screening for other disorders
- Standard genetic testing (chromosome...
The Asthma Action Plan is a one-page form that the doctor and patient can complete together. It provides information and instructions for patients’ self-management of asthma and includes space for the doctor to fill in directions for medication, peak flow numbers, asthma triggers, and what to do in case of an asthma attack or an emergency.