This manual outlines all of the key elements of a system of excellent care for people with depression.
This tool addresses the following depression care topics:
- The challenge
- The solution
- Care model checklist
- Decision support
- Clinical information system
- Delivery system design
- Organization of health care
- Care model: Changes for specific populations
This brochure for people with diabetes addresses the importance of blood sugar control and describes two tests that determine blood sugar level.
This brochure addresses the following topics:
- Keeping your blood sugar in control will help you in many ways
- Two important tests tell you if your blood sugar is at a healthy level:
- HbA1C or A1C
- The finger-stick test
- What to ask your doctor, nurse, or dietitian
- What to check when you...
This series of fact sheets is intended for women who are HIV-positive and pregnant or have recently given birth. These fact sheets describe the steps an HIV-positive pregnant woman can take to preserve her health and prevent transmission of HIV to her baby.
These fact sheets provide information on the following topics:
- HIV testing and pregnancy
- Treatment regimens for HIV-positive pregnant women
- Safety and toxicity of anti-HIV medications during...
This 186-page chartbook is based on a broad review of recently published studies and reports, conducted to present a coherent picture of the quality of health care for elderly Medicare beneficiaries living in the community. The results are presented in 60 charts.
The topics in this chartbook are presented as follows:
- Summary and highlights
- Overview: Progress, gaps, and variations
- Challenges in measuring quality for the elderly population...
This cancer treatment information summary provides an overview of the diagnosis, classification, treatment, and prognosis of childhood brain tumors. It is available in both English and Spanish.
This guide is organized into the following sections:
- General information
- Cellular classification
- Stage information
- Treatment option overview
- Childhood medulloblastoma
- Childhood cerebellar astrocytoma
This 75-page resource guide by ECRI provides in-depth information on bulimia nervosa and treatment to help families and friends support someone with the disorder.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is bulimia nervosa?
- Who develops bulimia nervosa?
- What causes bulimia nervosa?
- What are the risk factors?
- What are the signs and symptoms of bulimia nervosa?
- How is bulimia nervosa diagnosed?
- Can bulimia nervosa be...
This Web site provides a wide range of resources on HIV/AIDS research, clinical trials, prevention, and treatment. It offers quick access to federally approved HIV/AIDS-related information for people living with HIV/AIDS and their families and friends; health care providers; researchers; and national and community organizations. Much of the information is available in both English and Spanish.
This Web site includes the following major sections:
- Clinical Guidelines portal...
This tool presents questions and answers addressing early stage breast cancer.
It covers the following breast cancer-related topics:
- Lobular vs. ductal carcinoma
- Side effects
- Breast reconstruction
- More information/links to other resources
This tool gives patients guidance for managing their asthma with specific instructions from their physicians. It provides a traffic light-themed algorithm to help patients determine when to use preventive medications only (green), add quick relief medications (yellow), and call the physician (red).
The one-page tool provides space for the health care provider to record the following information:
- Asthma triggers
- Personal best peak flow
- Peak flow ranges...
This patient education guide provides information for people diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). The information presented will help patients understand their condition in order to cope with the effects that the disease has on their body.
This patient education guide addresses the following topics:
- What is IPF?
- Symptoms of IPF
- What are the causes of IPF?
- Who gets IPF?
- How is IPF diagnosed?
- Treatment for IPF