This tool answers common questions about coughing including:
- Is coughing normal or abnormal?
- What causes cough?
- How does the body know when to make you cough?
- What is the cause if a person cannot stop coughing?
- Why is whooping cough (Pertussis) a common cause of subacute cough in adults? Isn’t whooping cough a childhood disease of the past?
- What about the causes of chronic cough?
- What about smoking as a cause of cough?
- If you...
This questionnaire provides patients with information about managing their arthritis.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Getting the care you need
- Talking to your doctor
- Taking your medicine
- Your body signs
- Taking care of yourself
- Dealing with stress
This key points card on inpatient mental health care is derived from the evidence-based clinical practice guideline, Management of Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) in Adults, developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense (VA/DoD). The guideline is intended to identify the critical decision points in management of patients with depressive conditions, such as assessment, empirically supported psychotherapies and pharmacological therapies, non-MDD conditions...
This 58-page pocket guide is provided as an information resource to assist physicians and other health professionals in the appropriate treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS. This pocket guide supports A Guide to Primary Care of People with HIV/AIDS, 2004 Edition , and provides an easy reference for point-of-care decisionmaking.
The guide includes the following information:
- Drug information tables
- Adult antiretroviral therapy tables
This guide suggests ways for adults with diabetes to work with a health care team to prevent diabetes-related health problems. It emphasizes the importance of maintaining normal blood glucose levels and offers resource information.
The following topics are addressed in this guide:
- Controlling your diabetes
- Keeping track of your blood glucose
- Feelings about having diabetes
- Eye problems
- Kidney problems
- Heart and blood vessel problems...
This fact sheet provides information to help patients with diabetes manage their condition and stay healthy. It provides a checklist of diabetes management and preventive health care strategies to be followed every day, at every visit to the doctor or nurse, and at other intervals.
This fact sheet provides information about reading food labels to find foods that are lower in sodium.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Information on the food label
- Amount per serving
- Number of servings
- Percent daily value
This cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of intraocular (eye) melanoma.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Prognostic factors
- Cellular classification
- Treatment options by cancer stage
This tool is intended for health care professionals, students, and ancillary personnel who have minimal experience working with homeless patients.
Recognizing that standard clinical practice guidelines often fail to take into consideration the unique health care challenges faced by displaced people, the Health Care for the Homeless Clinicians’ Network convened an advisory committee comprised of six health and social service providers to develop standards for the...
The National Diabetes Education Program (NDEP) is a federally-sponsored initiative that involves public and private partners to improve the treatment and outcomes for people with diabetes, to promote early diagnosis, and to prevent the onset of diabetes. The NDEP’s objectives are to:
- Increase awareness of the seriousness of diabetes, its risk factors, and strategies for preventing diabetes and its complications among at-risk groups
- Improve understanding about diabetes and...