This survey solicits feedback from elderly and disabled program participants about the services and supports they receive under the Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services waiver program. States can use these data to calculate performance indicators for monitoring quality within their waiver programs, to guide quality improvement projects, and to use in conjunction with other quality management strategies.
This survey addresses these priority areas:
- Access to care ...
This booklet is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
The booklet includes the following information:
- What is SMA?
- What causes SMA?
- Diagnosing SMA
- Prognosis…what does it mean? What are we to expect?
- I am a carrier of the SMA gene…what can I do?
- How Families of SMA can help
This tool offers general advice to help patients learn more about their medical problem and how it can be treated. A video Web program based on the booklet tells viewers what experts have to say about coming to grips with illness.
The 28-page booklet addresses the following topics:
- Step 1: Take the time you need
- Step 2: Get the support you need
- Step 3: Talk with your doctor
- Step 4: Seek out information
- Step 5: Decide on a treatment...
This PDQ cancer information summary for health professionals provides comprehensive, peer-reviewed, evidence-based information about the treatment of childhood non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Information about the following is included in this summary:
- Cellular classification
- Clinical presentation
- Stage information
- Treatment options
This Web site makes aging-related health information easily accessible for adults 60 and older, as well as their family members and friends.
This Web site addresses the following topics:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Balance problems
- Breast cancer
- Caring for someone with Alzheimer’s
- Colorectal cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Diabetic retinopathy...
This slideshow presents a summary of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) guidelines for progressive prostate cancer. The following topics are presented:
- Guideline methodology
- 2006 update recommendation questions
- Initial treatment options
Combined androgen blockade
Early use of androgen deprivation therapy...
This 206-page report (the second volume in a series) provides a critical analysis of the existing literature on quality improvement (QI) strategies for management of patients with diabetes mellitus (Type 2 diabetes), which accounts for more than 90 percent of diabetes cases in the United States.
This report addresses the following key questions:
- Are there QI strategies that improve physicians’ treatment of diabetes and its comorbidities?
- Can the control of...
This fact sheet provides information about staying active for children with diabetes.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Why is being active so important?
- What types of activity are good to do?
- What should you do before exercising?
- How much exercise do you need to do?
- How can your family and friends help?
- What if you don’t like to exercise?
- Take charge of your diabetes.
- What are some things parents can do...
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
- Diagnostic tests
Providers can use this calculator to estimate kidney function in adults by measuring the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). This calculator is based on the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study equation.
The following information is entered into this tool to calculate GFR:
- Plasma creatinine
- Whether patient is African American