This guide for people with HIV infection provides information about the prevention and treatment of toxoplasmosis (toxo). This tool is also available in Spanish.
This guide addresses the following questions:
- What is toxo?
- What are the symptoms of toxo-related illness?
- How is toxo spread (or transmitted)?
- How can I protect myself from toxo infection?
- What happens when someone with HIV has toxo infection?
- What should I do to prevent an...
This study, published in the journal Pediatrics, involved a literature review and interviews with expert observers to assess the status of initiatives aimed at improving the quality of child health services.
This article includes the following sections:
- Literature review
- Literature review
- Overview of literature
- The methods of quality improvement (QI)
- Literature review
This fact sheet explains the risks of having a high blood cholesterol level and provides guidance on lowering high blood cholesterol.
This tool addresses the following topics:
- Why is cholesterol important?
- How does cholesterol cause heart disease?
- What do your cholesterol numbers mean?
- What affects cholesterol levels?
- What is your risk of developing heart disease or having a heart attack?
- Treating high cholesterol ...
This Web site offers patients and health professionals a variety of educational resources related to cancer. This site provides reliable information about cancer from the National Cancer Institute, Federal agencies, and other trusted sources. The site is updated regularly.
This site presents the following information regarding cancer:
- Types of cancer
- Prevention, genetics, causes
- Screening and testing
- Coping with cancer
This manual outlines all of the key elements of a system of excellent care for people with diabetes.
This tool addresses the following diabetes care topics:
- The challenge
- The solution
- Care model checklist
- Decision support
- Clinical information system
- Delivery system design
- Organization of health care
- Care model: Changes for specific populations
- Improvement model...
This fact sheet provides information for people with diabetes about the hemoglobin A1c test.
This fact sheet addresses the following topics:
- Why should I have the A1c test?
- What is a good A1c number?
- How often should I get the A1c test?
- Do I still have to test my blood sugar at home?
This evidence report presents the results of a systematic review to evaluate B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) and N-terminal proBNP (NT-proBNP) as promising markers for heart failure diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment.
The evidence report is organized as follows:
- Heart failure
- Determinants of BNPs
- Diagnosis of heart failure using BNPs
- Prognostic utility of BNPs
- Treatment monitoring using BNPs
This six-page fact sheet, part of the Stay in Circulation national awareness campaign, answers key questions about peripheral arterial disease (P.A.D.) in African Americans and provides steps patients can take to reduce their risk.
This tool provides the following information:
- What is P.A.D.?
- What causes P.A.D.?
- What are the signs and symptoms of P.A.D.?
- How is P.A.D. diagnosed?
- Medical and family history
- Physical exam
This survey solicits feedback from elderly and disabled program participants about the services and supports they receive under the Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services waiver program. States can use these data to calculate performance indicators for monitoring quality within their waiver programs, to guide quality improvement projects, and to use in conjunction with other quality management strategies.
This survey addresses these priority areas:
- Access to care ...
This booklet is intended to serve as a source of information and support for children and adults with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
The booklet includes the following information:
- What is SMA?
- What causes SMA?
- Diagnosing SMA
- Prognosis…what does it mean? What are we to expect?
- I am a carrier of the SMA gene…what can I do?
- How Families of SMA can help